Centre of Excellence on Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), School of Law, Manav Rachna University, is conducting a 6-day Mediation Training Workshop in collaboration with SAMADHAN (Delhi High Court Mediation and Conciliation Centre) in August/September 2022.
Manav Rachna University (MRU) is a State Private University established by Haryana State Legislature Act (No. 26 of 2014) & under Section 2(f) of UCC Act 1956. MRU’s vision is to educate students in frontier areas of knowledge, enabling them to take up challenges as ethical and responsible global citizens.
The School of Law (SoL) at MRU opened doors for admission in 2017 and currently offers 5-year integrated B.A. LL.B. & B.B.A. LL.B. degrees. SoL provides an exciting forum for young students to learn the essence of the legal system, hone the skills of the profession, and shapes their careers.
About Centre of Excellence on Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR)
The Centre of Excellence on Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR) is a functional entity within Faculty of Law, MRU. The Centre’s mission is to conduct and promote research in the field of alternative conflict resolution methods, as well as to generate and disseminate information. The CADR not only offers training and seminars, but also simulates conflict resolution by arbitration, mediation, and other alternative dispute resolution methods. The training workshops are planned and curated to meet the needs of participants who want to learn how to use the ADR mechanism. The Centre of Excellence is dedicated to achieving the goals for which it was established, in the best interests of the University and in accordance with the legal requirements of the country.
The Delhi High Court Mediation and Conciliation Centre, known as Samadhan, was established in May 2006. It was the result of the joint initiative of the Bench and the Bar of the Delhi High Court. It is run by the Bar and is co-ordinated by an Organizing Secretary. A panel of Delhi High Court judges and advocates oversee the work of this Centre. The Samadhan Centre handles cases referred to it by the Delhi High Court, its subordinate courts and the Supreme Court of India and also handles Pre-Litigation Mediations. A wide range of disputes in the nature of intellectual property rights, disputes relating to matrimony, real estate transactions, construction agreements, employment and services disputes, industrial disputes, banking and insurance disputes and many other commercial disputes are mediated by more than 300 trained mediators of Samadhan.
Ms. Veena Ralli
Ms. Veena Ralli is a practising advocate at the High Court of Delhi, with about four decades of experience. A veteran in mediation related disputes, Ms. Ralli also holds the position of the Organising Secretary and Senior Mediator at Samadhan, Delhi High Court Mediation and Conciliation Centre. She has been trained in both rudimentary and advanced mediation, the latter from the University of Utah and the University of Pepperdine, both in the USA. She has been recognized as an accredited Mediator at the Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI) in Singapore and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) in London.
Mr. J.P Sengh
Mr. J.P Sengh is a name synonymous with mediation in India. He took it up as a cause, as he wanted to do something good for society. He is continuing with his mission and is putting all his efforts to accomplish it. He is the founder organizing Secretary of the Delhi High Court Mediation and Conciliation Centre and has received his training in India and abroad in United States of America where he has undergone Training of Trainer program at S.J. Quinnery College of Law, Utah. Completed Advance Mediation Master Class conducted by Maddhyam in collaboration with SIMC, Singapore, Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution, California, USA. He has been a part of the training programs for mediators, lawyers and judicial officers held within India and abroad. He has been appointed by the Mediation and Conciliation Project Committee of the Supreme Court of India as an observer of several training programs.
Mediation Training Workshop
The workshop is aimed at enabling participants to acquire comprehensive understanding of mediation concepts which need to be used keeping in view the requirements of Section 89 of CPC and other statutory enactments requiring use of mediation as an effective tool for dispute resolution. Trainers will be focusing on teaching and equipping the student to various mediation techniques which would benefit them in deal with intricate issues while dealing with conflicting parties. The programme will impart all necessary skills and techniques to the participants for conducting mediation. The training is a blend of theory and practice and designed in manner so as to have active participation. The methodology of the training includes role plays, problem-based learning and group discussions.
Timings are given in the attached brochure (below).
3rd / 4th / 5th-year students enrolled in a 5-year integrated law degree, 2nd / 3rd-year students enrolled in a 3-year law program, recent law graduates, young academics, ADR professionals and others who want to develop their skills in mediation.
2,000 INR – MRU Students
2,500 INR – Other Law Students
3,000 INR – Graduates & Others
Registration Link & Fee Payment
Mr. Bharatendu Agarwal, Assistant Professor and Faculty In-charge, CADR
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.