About AIL LET 2020 (Army Institute of Law)
The Army Institute of Law Entrance Test (or AIL LET) is an online-based entrance exam conducted by Army Institute of Law, Mohali, Punjab for admission to its BA LLB program. The seat intake for the program is 80, out of which 60 seats belonging to wards of army personnel and 4 seats under All India Category will be filled based on AIL LET 2020 scores, while remaining 16 seats belonging to Punjab Category will be filled based on 10+2 merit. AIL LET 2020 will be conducted on 24th July 2020. The exam will be MCQ-based and will include 200 questions. The online AIL LET 2020 application form will commence from 1st June 2020. The application fee is Rs. 3000, which is the same for all categories. AIL LET 2020 admit cards will be issued from 18th July 2020 onward. Meanwhile, the result of AIL LET 2020 will be declared on 04th August 2020, followed by counselling for candidates who qualify in the exam. Note that the university also offers LLM program (seat intake is 15).
AIL LET 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Army Institute of Law Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||AIL LET|
|Conducting Body||Army Institute of Law|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||3000 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Seats||80 Seats|
AIL LET 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
01 June, 2020 Application – Start Date | Mode: Online
24 July, 2020 Exam | Mode: Online
04 Aug, 2020 Result | Mode: Online
IMPORTANT DATES: Official Notification
AIL LET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Qualifying exam: The candidates need to have 10+2 exam from Punjab School Education Board or an equivalent exam recognised by Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Marks in qualifying exam: The minimum aggregate marks in the qualifying exam should be 45%.
- Open University: Candidates who have completed 10+2 through Open University system directly without having any basic qualifications for pursuing such studies, are not eligible.
- Compartment papers: Candidates who have passed 10+2 in compartments are not eligible for admission.
Provisional application: Applicants appearing in qualifying exam in March/ April can take AIL LET 2020, but provisionally. Such candidates need to pass the 10+2 examination with minimum qualifying marks for AIL LET 2020.
AIL LET 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application: Online
Mode of Payment: Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
Army Institute of Law will release the AIL LET 2020 application form in online mode from 01st June 2020. Desirous applicants need to submit completed AIL LET application forms before the last date. When filling out the application form, one needs to enter only genuine information as otherwise the candidature of the candidate may be cancelled at any stage of the admission process.
How to Fill AIL LET 2020 Application Form
- Click on the official application link.
- Get registered by entering name, phone number, date of birth, email id, and other details. Upon successful registration, registration number will be created.
- Log-in to the newly created account to continue application form filling process. There will be sections like academic, personal and contact details, which have to be duly filled.
- Upload photograph, signature, photograph, and other mandatory documents. Note that the size of documents to be uploaded must be – passport size photos (<120 Kb), army category certificates (<1.5 MB), documents (<1.5 MB)
- Pay the application fee.
AIL LET 2020 Exam Pattern
Army Institute of Law, Mohali, Punjab, will release the exam pattern of AIL LET 2020 that will contain information on the layout of the exam, like the mode and duration of the exam, types of questions asked, marking scheme, etc. By consulting the AIL LET 2020 exam pattern, the candidate will be able to prepare more effectively and with a clear vision.
AIL LET 2020 Exam Pattern – Overview
|Total no. of questions||200|
|Type of questions||MCQs|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Duration of exam||2 hours|
|Marking scheme||No negative marking|
|Topics and weightage||Law aptitude – 50 marks, general awareness – 50 marks, English comprehension – 50 marks, Mental Ability – 50 marks|
AIL LET 2020 Result
Army Institute of Law will announce the result of AIL LET 2020 on 04th August 2020. AIL LET 2020 result will declared for all candidates who have appeared in the exam and will be available in online mode.
How to check AIL LET 2020 result
- Click on the official result link
- Enter registration ID and roll number
- Click on submit button
- AIL LET result 2020 will be displayed on screen.
- Download and take a printout of the result
AIL LET 2020 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Admission authorities will conduct the counselling of AIL LET 2020 soon after declaration of result. Only those candidates who will qualify AIL LET 2020 and are included in the merit list will be called for counselling. The counselling process will be conducted as per the category of the candidate and also his or her merit rank. Candidates shortlisted for counselling will have to be present in the counselling venue in person.
AIL LET 2020 Counselling – Document Checklist
- 10+2 pass certificate
- 10+2 mark sheet
- Proof of date of birth
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Willingness certificate
- Eligibility certificate (applicants from boards other than CBSE/ICSE, Himachal, Punjab, Haryana)
- Affidavit by father/ mother/ guardian stating if the ward has studied Punjabi in matriculation
- Affidavit/ certificate of Punjab Resident Civil category
- 12 Passport size photos (including photos on application cum admission form)
- One photograph of parents, local guardians, family members