AILET 2020: About
NLU Delhi, postponed All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) because of coronavirus Outbreak. The new exam date for AILET 2020 will be announced soon, probably after lockdown. Following this, the last date to apply for the exam has been extended until May 15, 2020. AILET is an all India level exam, held for admission of candidates in National Law University, Delhi. Qualifying candidates of AILET get admission in B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. and Ph.D. Programmes. Check complete details on AILET 2020 from this page.
AILET 2020: Overview
|Full Exam Name||All India Law Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||AILET|
|Conducting Body||National Law University Delhi|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||3050 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Number of Seats||110 Seats|
AILET 2020: Important Dates
|15 Jan 2020||Application Open|
|15 May 2020||Application Deadline|
|18th August 2020||AILET 2020 Examination|
AILET 2020: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for AILET below.
For B.A. LL.B courses
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates are required to have passed the Intermediate or its equivalent examination.
For L.L.M courses
- Minimum Marks: Candidates are required to have a minimum of 55% marks (5% of relaxation is given in case of SC / ST / Person with disabilities) in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates must LL.B or its equivalent degree from a recognized university / institution.
For PhD Programme
Candidates must have score a minimum of 55% of marks in aggregate (5% of relaxation is given in case of SC/ST/Person with disabilities) in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have the L.L.M or its equivalent degree. or
- Candidates can have a degree in law and Master’s Degree with M. Phil. in social sciences or humanities or
- Candidates must have a degree in law and Master’s Degree from a foreign institute, considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution or,
- Candidates are required to have a degree in law or Ph..D. in any discipline or,
- Candidates may have an experience as a judge in any State High Court of India with three years experience or judge of the supreme court of India.
AILET 2020: Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of AILET 2020 was as follows
- The examination will be conducted in the offline mode.
- The language of conduct will be English
- The examination is conducted for a duration of 1 hour 30 minutes
- 150 questions are asked for a total of 150 marks
- Question types asked is ‘Objective type’
- Negative marking is applicable (One mark for correct answers and 0.25 will be deducted for every incorrect answer)
- Subjects for examination are English, General knowledge, legal aptitude, logical reasoning and elementary mathematics
AILET Exam Pattern 2020 – Subject-wise distribution for B.A LL.B
|S.No||Sections||No. of questions||Marks|
AILET 2020: Application Process
- AILET 2020 application form has been released on January 15, 2020 in online mode.
- Candidates have to fill and submit completed application forms before the last date.
- While filling the application form, one needs the following – a valid email-id, a valid mobile number, scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- The application fee could be submitted in both online and offline modes.
- The application fee is different for different categories.
- Candidates have to first register before moving to the application filing process.
AILET 2020: Result
AILET 2020 result would be declared online. Candidates can check their results through the link given. The result of AILET 2020 will mention the following details
- Name of Candidate
- Category of candidate
- Subjects appeared for
- Total marks and marks scored by the candidate
- Qualifying status of candidate
AILET 2020: Cutoff
The cutoff of AILET 2020 will be available online during or after counselling. The cutoff of AILET 2020 is the minimum marks required by candidates to qualify AILET 2020. Candidates whose names feature in the cutoff list of AILET 2020 will be able to attend the AILET 2020 counselling procedure conducted at NLU Delhi. Previous years’ AILET cutoff is given below for the benefit of the candidate.
AILET Cutoff – 2019
|Persons with Disability||35.25|
|Residents of Jammu and Kashmir||51.25|