First Online Enrollment, The Bar Council of Kerala has decided to conduct an “online enrollment” programme for new lawyers, on June 27, 2020 in view of the constraints posed by the impending pandemic and the lockdown situation.
The court will conduct online enrollment for the first time.
On a writ petition seeking enrolment ceremony for new advocates to be held via video-conferencing amid the lockdown, the High Court had sought the response of Bar Council of Kerala and the announcement has come in the backdrop of the same.
On June 27 at 11 AM, through a web based video conferencing portal namely Cisco Webex, the online enrollment programme will be conducted.
The press note annexed various instructions:
- Eligible candidates who wish to opt for online enrolment should give their consent through the website of the Bar Council by login with your user ID and password created at the time of registering for Enrolment.
- In case, non-availability of smart phone/ desktops/laptops etc candidates can use the facility through Akshaya center or any other similar service providers.
- Only eligible candidates will be allowed. Defective applications will not be entertained.
- Those who are willing to participate in the online enrolment process shall file an undertaking on stamp paper worth Rs. 100/- stating that all the documents uploaded in the website are absolutely genuine.
- The undertaking has to be uploaded in the website on or before 16.06.2020 and the original undertaking shall be forwarded to the Secretary, Bar Council of Kerala by Speed post within 17.06.2020.
- On the day of enrolment, the proposed candidates should be ready in Advocate robes which are compulsory at 10.15 AM and well equipped with the hardware requirements for this function. Attendance is mandatory for all the candidates.
- If any candidate is absent on that day he will not be treated as enrolled. Enrolment certificates will be issued only after personal verification in the Office. Personal verification shall be done within three months.
The Bar Council will conduct three “Trial runs” on June 16, before the final enrollment on the abovementioned date, to check the technical feasibility of the process of enrolment; on June 17, explain online enrollment procedures to; and on June 26, exactly like online enrollment.
Candidates are required to participate in the trial run and those who do not attend the final trial will be deemed to be excluded from the final enrolment function.
Read Press Note :