The Jindal Global Law School has taken a pioneering initiative to appoint 12 Corporate Partners of leading corporate law firms in India and abroad as Honorary Adjunct Professors of Law & Professors of Corporate Legal Practice.
As per a press note issued in this behalf, Jindal Global Law School has appointed following 12 Corporate Partners to teach 11 Specialised Courses:
- Ms. Alina Arora, Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas— She will teach The Art and Science of Corporate Negotiations: M&A Transactions and Deal-Making
- Ms. Vanita Bhargava, Partner, Khaitan & Co.— She will teach Law and Practice of Environmental Litigation
- Mr. Mohit Gogia, Partner, S&R Associates— He will teach Transactional Mergers and Acquisitions
- Ms. Gowree Gokhale, Partner, Nishith Desai Associates— She will teach Digital Law: The Way Forward
- Mr. Tejas Karia, Partner and Head, Arbitration Practice, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas— He will teach Practical Aspects of Arbitration
- Mr. V. Lakshmikumaran, Founder and Managing Partner, Lakshmikumaran and Sridharan Associates— He will teach Source of Power for Taxation under the Constitution of India: Emergence of Cooperative Federalism
- Ms. Chandrima Mitra, Partner, DSK Legal— She will teach Media and Entertainment Law in India
- Mr. Siddharth Nair, Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas— He will teach The Anatomy of Venture Capital Transactions
- Mr. Gautam Narasimhan, Partner, Allen & Overy, Singapore— He will teach International Finance and Comparative Banking Law
- Mr. Suhail Nathani, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Economic Laws Practice— He will teach Competition Law and Practice
- Mr. Prakash Raja Segaran, Partner, Allen & Overy, Singapore – He will teach International Finance and Comparative Banking Law
This Programme of Jindal Global Law School aims to connect theory to practice in response to the problem of “disconnect” that many new entrants to the legal profession face. Through the broader framework of participative pedagogy, the CLAIM Programme creates the opportunity for students to apply their knowledge real-time, thereby enhancing their ingenuity and heuristic skills that are much needed in professional legal practice. The CLAIM Programme of Jindal Global Law School broadens the scope of legal education from knowledge oriented-curriculum to the tools and processes of legal practice with a view to empowering the graduates of Jindal Global Law School to become knowledgeable legal professionals as they enter the world of corporate legal practice.
The vision of this pathbreaking initiative, according to Professor (Dr.) C. Raj Kumar, Founding Vice Chancellor, O.P. Jindal Global University and Dean, Jindal Global Law School is to
“to identify some of the most outstanding corporate lawyers and partners of the leading corporate law firms to teach courses on relevant areas of corporate legal practice to the students of law, with a view to educating and inspiring them. The larger purpose of this effort is to instill in the minds of law students an imagination to become part of corporate legal practice and better equip them with knowledge, skills and perspectives to take up successful careers in law firms and corporations in the future. I am grateful to the 12 outstanding corporate partners of the most reputed law firms in India and abroad who have consented to teach these courses, including two inspiring leaders, who are also founders and Managing Partners of reputed Indian law firms, Mr. Lakshmikumaran and Mr. Suhail Nathani”.