Current affairs quiz today – 28th Dec. 2020.
We recommend that you read the current affairs of 28th Dec. 2020 before taking today’s current affairs quiz. Click here to access it.
#1. Consider the following statements about the Inner Line Permit (ILP):
1. The Inner Line Permit (ILP) has its genesis in the State Reorganization Act 1956.
2. All the states in the northeast have the Inner Line Permit.
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
ANS: (D) Neither 1 nor 2
- Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Mizoram are protected by the Inner Line, and lately, Manipur was added (in December last year).
- The concept originates from the Bengal Eastern Frontier Regulation Act (BEFR), 1873.
#2. Which of the following statements are correct regarding the Social Endeavour for Health and Telemedicine (SEHAT) scheme?
1. It will cover only the district's under the aspirational district programme.
2. This scheme provides free of cost insurance cover.
3. The scheme would work in convergence with Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
ANS: (B) 2 and 3 only
- Recently the Prime Minister has launched the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY)- Social Endeavour for Health and Telemedicine (SEHAT) scheme via video-conferencing to extend health insurance coverage to all residents of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K). Hence, statement 1 is not correct.
- AB-PMJAY SEHAT Scheme provides free of cost insurance cover. It provides financial cover upto Rs. 5 lakh per family on a floater basis to all residents of the UT of J&K. Hence, statement 2 is correct.
- The scheme would work in convergence with Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY). Hence, statement 3 is correct.
#3. The 'Main Bhi Digital Drive' has been in the news. It is being launched by which of the following ministries?
ANS: (B) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) is going to launch ‘Main Bhi Digital (me too digital)’ drive for the street vendors to enable them to accept and make payments digitally.
- The drive has been encouraged by the success of the Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PMSVANidhi) scheme, launched in the wake of the Covid-19 lockdown, to provide vendors microcredit.
- As part of the new drive, between 4th January to 22nd January 2021, over 10 lakh street vendors across the country who have availed of the Rs. 10,000 loan will be trained in using digital payments.
#4. With reference to India’s Tso Kar Wetland Complex, consider the following statements:
1. It is a high-altitude wetland complex, consisting of two principal waterbodies.
2. It situated in the Changthang region of Ladakh, India.
3. It is an Important Bird Area (IBA) and a key staging site in the Central Asian Flyway.
Which of the given above statements is/are correct?
ANS: (D) 1, 2 and 3
About Tso Kar:
- Tso Kar Basin is a high-altitude wetland complex, consisting of two principal waterbodies, Startsapuk Tso, a freshwater lake and Tso Kar itself, a hyper saline lake, situated in the Changthang region of Ladakh, India.
- It is called Tso Kar, meaning white lake, because of the white salt efflorescence found on the margins due to the evaporation of highly saline water.
- It is also an Important Bird Area (IBA) as per BirdLife International and a key staging site in the Central Asian Flyway.
- Important bird species found in the area:
- Black-necked Crane (Grus nigricollis), Great Crested Grebe (Podicepscristatus), Bar-headed Geese (Anserindicus), Ruddy Shelduck (Tadornaferruginea), Brown-headed Gull (Larusbrunnicephalus), Lesser Sand-Plover (Charadriusmongolus) and many other species.
#5. Consider the following statements regarding OPEC+.
1. OPEC+ is a group of oil-producing nations, entirely made up non-OPEC members and Russia.
2. The aim of OPEC+ was to undertake production restrictions to help revive a flailing market.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
ANS: (B) 2 only
- Russia expects to support an increase in oil production by OPEC , of another 500,000 barrels per day (bpd) from February at next month’s summit of the leading global oil producers.
- What is the Opec ?
- Opec refers to the alliance of crude producers, who have been undertaking corrections in supply in the oil markets since 2017.
- OPEC plus countries include Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Brunei, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mexico, Oman, Russia, South Sudan and Sudan.
- What are their goals?
- The Opec and non-Opec producers first formed the alliance at a historic meeting in Algiers in 2016.
- The aim was to undertake production restrictions to help resuscitate a flailing market.
Click here to access quizzes from previous days.