Current affairs quiz today – 22nd March 2021.
We recommend that you read the current affairs of 22nd March 2021 before taking today’s current affairs quiz. Click here to access it.
#1. Lachit Borphukan is associated with which of the following?
ANS: (C) Battle of Saraighat
- Lachit Borphukan was a commander in the Ahom dynasty, located in present-day Assam.
- He showed exemplary leadership in the Battle of Saraighat (1671).
- The Battle of Saraighat was a naval battle fought between the Mughal Empire and the Ahom Kingdom.
#3. Consider the following statements with respect to Whitsun Reef:
1. It is a reef in the Spratly Islands of the South China Sea.
2. It is a V-shaped reef.
3. It is a part of the ongoing maritime dispute between China and the Philippines.
Which of the given statement/s is/are correct?
ANS: (A) 1, 2 and 3
#4. Consider the following statements:
1. Gram UJALA Programme is a scheme that offers cheap LED bulbs in rural areas.
2. The Gram Ujala Programme will be financed entirely through subsidy from the Ministry of Power.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
ANS: (A) 1 only
- Recently, the Government has launched the Gram UJALA Programme – an ambitious scheme offering the world’s cheapest LED bulbs in rural areas at a mere Rs. 10. Hence, statement 1 is correct.
- In its first phase launched from Arrah in Bihar, 15 million LED bulbs will be distributed across villages of 5 districts – Aarah (Bihar), Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh), Nagpur (Maharashtra), and villages in western Gujarat.
- The light-emitting diode (LED) is one of today’s most energy-efficient and rapidly-developing lighting technologies.
- The programme will be financed entirely through carbon credits and will be the first such programme in India. Hence, statement 2 is not correct.
- The revenue earned from carbon credits will contribute Rs. 60 per LED bulb piece, with the balance Rs. 10 to be paid by the rural consumer.
Click here to access quizzes from previous days.