We recommend that you read the current affairs of 15th Dec. 2020 before taking the following daily current affairs quiz. Click here to access it
#1. “Mucormycosis” recently seen in news is a:
Answer: Fungal infection
- Mucormycosis is any fungal infection caused by fungi in the order Mucorales.
- The disease is often characterized by hyphae growing in and around blood vessels and can be potentially life-threatening in diabetic or severely immunocompromised individuals.
- Mucormycosis frequently infects the sinuses, brain, or lungs. While infection of the oral cavity or brain are the most common forms of mucormycosis, the fungus can also infect other areas of the body such as the gastrointestinal tract, skin, and other organ systems.
#2. Q3. Consider the following statements with respect to Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY):
1. It is a health assurance scheme which aims at providing a health cover of Rs. 1 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization to poor and vulnerable families.
2. It subsumed the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY).
3. There is no cap on family size or age of members for the beneficiaries.
4. Pre-existing diseases are not covered under the scheme.
Which of the given statement/s is/are correct?
ANS: 2 and 3 only
- It is a health assurance scheme which aims at providing a health cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization to poor and vulnerable families.
- It subsumed the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY). The RSBY had a family cap of five members.
- In PM-JAY, there is no cap on family size or age of members for the beneficiaries.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered from the very first day. This means that any eligible person suffering from any medical condition before being covered by PM-JAY will now be able to get treatment for all those medical conditions as well under this scheme right from the day they are enrolled.
#3. Consider the following statements:
1. The San Isidro Movement (MSI) is going on against the censorship of artistic work in this country.
2. It is the largest island country in the Caribbean region.
3. It is situated at the intersection of the Atlantic Ocean, Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea.
Identify the country which has been described in the above statements:
ANS : Cuba
- The Movimiento San Isidro,or the San Isidro Movement (MSI), started two years ago (2018) to protest state censorship of artistic work through Decree 349.
- Decree 349is a law that would have given powers to the Cuba’s Government to restrict cultural activity it did not approve of.
- To protest against the decree, artists, poets, journalists and activists gathered in San Isidro, a Black-majority locality that is among Havana’s poorest yet most culturally active regions
- Cuba is the largest single island of the archipelagoof the Caribbean region. It is situated just south of the Tropic of Cancer at the intersection of the Atlantic Ocean (north and east), the Gulf of Mexico (west), and the Caribbean Sea (south).
- Hence, option B – Cuba, is correct.
#4. Vision 2035: Public Health Surveillance in India has been recently in the news. Which of the following institutions has released this document?
- Recently, theNITI Aayog has released a white paper, “Vision 2035: Public Health Surveillance in India” which is envisaged to serve as a vision document to propel Public Health Surveillance (PHS) in India and establish India as a global leader in the area. Hence, option C is correct.
- This paper is a joint effort of Health Vertical, NITI Aayog, and Institute for Global Public Health, University of Manitoba, Canada with contributions from technical experts from the Government of India, States, and International agencies.
- It lays out India’s vision 2035 for PHS through the integration of the three-tiered (primary, secondary and tertiary) public health system into Ayushman Bharat.
- It contributes by suggesting mainstreaming of surveillance by making individual electronic health records the basis for surveillance.
#5. APMC Model Act 2003 include which of the following features
1. Facilitating contract farming model. 2. Special market for perishables 3. Allowing farmers and private persons to set up their own market. 4. APMC revenue to be used for improving market infrastructure.
Select the correct answer code:
Click here to access quizzes from previous days.