Home Current AffairsDaily current affairs quiz Current Affairs Quiz Today – 23rd Feb 2021

Current Affairs Quiz Today – 23rd Feb 2021

by admin
current affairs quiz today
Current affairs quiz today – 23rd Feb. 2021.
We recommend that you read the current affairs of 23rd Feb. 2021 before taking today’s current affairs quiz. Click here to access it.

Results

#1. Consider the following statements with respect to Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund (AHIDF):

1. It has been set up with an outlay of Rs. 15,000 crore.

2. Individual entrepreneurs are not eligible for loans from the fund.

3. Beneficiaries will have to contribute 10 per cent margin towards the proposed infra project and the rest 90 per cent would be a loan component by scheduled banks.

Which of the given statement/s is are correct?

ANS: (A) 1 and 3 only

Explanation:

  • Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund (AHIDF) has been set up with an outlay of Rs. 15,000 crore as a part of the 20 lakh crore stimulus package under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
  • The AHIDF would promote infrastructure investments in dairy, meat processing and animal feed plants.
  • Farmer producer organizations (FPOs), MSMEs, Section 8 companies, private companies and individual entrepreneurs would be eligible to benefit from the fund.
  • Beneficiaries will have to contribute a 10 per cent margin towards the proposed infra project and the rest 90 per cent would be a loan component by scheduled banks.

#2. Consider the following statements with respect to Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (CECPA):

1. It provides for an institutional mechanism to encourage and improve trade between two countries.

2. India has signed the CECPA with Mauritius.

3. It is India’s first such free trade agreement with an African country.

Which of the given statement/s is/are correct?

ANS: (D) 1, 2 and 3

Advertisements

Explanation:

  • Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (CECPA) provides for an institutional mechanism to encourage and improve trade between two countries.
  • India recently signed the CECPA with Mauritius.
  • It is India’s first such free trade agreement with an African country.

#3. Consider the following statements:

1. The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) was established by a Group of Seven (G-7) countries.

2. Countries in FATF Grey List are “High-Risk Jurisdictions subject to a Call for Action”.

3. The first FATF blacklist was issued in 2000.

Which of the given statement/s is/are INCORRECT?

ANS: (C) 2 only

Explanation:

  • The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) was established in July 1989 by a Group of Seven (G-7) countries in a Summit held in Paris.
  • FATF issues a grey list, officially referred to as Jurisdictions Under Increased Monitoring. The countries in FATF Black List are “High-Risk Jurisdictions subject to a Call for Action”.
  • The first FATF blacklist was issued in 2000 with an initial list of 15 countries.

#4. With reference to Carbon Footprint, consider the following statements:

1. It is a measure of the impact of people’s activities on the amount of carbon dioxide produced.

2. It is strictly the same as the ecological footprint.

Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?

ANS: (A) 1 only

Advertisements
Explanation
  • According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a carbon footprint is a measure of the impact people’s activities have on the amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) produced through the burning of fossil fuels and is expressed as a weight of CO2 emissions produced in tonnes. Hence, statement 1 is correct.
    • It is usually measured as tons of CO2 emitted per year, a number that can be supplemented by tons of CO2-equivalent gases, including methane, nitrous oxide, and other greenhouse gases.
  • Carbon footprint is different from ecological footprint. While the carbon footprint measures the emission of gases that contribute to global warming, the ecological footprint focuses on measuring the use of bio-productive space. Hence, statement 2 is not correct.
finish

Click here to access quizzes from previous days.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

× Chat with us on WhatsApp