Internship Opportunity: United Nations, India (Apply by 30th March 2021)
About the Internship
The UNESCAP-SSWA Office offers internship opportunity for minimum 2 months with an opportunity for extension to up to 6 months, if required by the division.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned. The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background and the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance in drafting and preparing official documents
- Attending and summarizing conferences and meetings
- Document, legal and internet research
- Assistance during conferences
- Working on web-presentation
- Compiling statistics
- Conduct literature review/desk research to support the drafting of occasional papers/policy briefs on topics such as economic and social development, MDG achievements, and regional economic integration in the subregion and beyond, including transport connectivity, food and energy security, and disaster risk reduction with a special focus on South Asian least developed countries.
- Assist in implementation of projects/activities
- Assist in media analysis outreach communication activities, including preparing public information materials including web-based publications.
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.