Vidhik Movement is conducting its 1st Virtual National Moot Court Competition on 20th and 21st March, 2021. Vidhik Movement invites all the Law Colleges/Law Schools/ Law Universities and Law Institutes to participate in our 1st National Moot Court Competition to be held virtually through video conferencing.
Mooting is an excellent skill to learn, and it will assist you to think and analyze the law in the style of an advocate – looking for loose threads, analyzing legal logic and presenting your conclusions in a sensible and effective manner. Taking part in the Moot will certainly help you improve your written and oral communication skills.
Aim and Purpose:
- To expose students pursuing the undergraduate degrees to the nuances of court system in India.
- To provide a real-life experience cum training in doing cutting-edge research, presenting ground breaking arguments (oral and written) and contributing to the development of jurisprudence in the concerned area of laws.
Language of verbal communication:
The official language of the competition is strictly English. Communication in any other international, national or regional language during the competition rounds shall not be permitted.
The moot court competition shall be based on the theme ‘Constitutional Law’.
Structure and Format:
- The moot court competition shall consist of preliminary rounds, semi-finals and the final. The preliminary round shall be held on 20th March 2021 and the Semi Final and Final will be conducted on 21st March 2021.
- 25 different teams of students shall compete in the preliminary rounds.
- During each Preliminary Round, 2 teams shall participate. No team shall be allowed to participate in a matchup involving their team.
- All the rounds shall follow the same format till the final round. After Preliminary rounds top 8 teams will qualify for the semi-finals and from the semi-finals, top 2 teams shall go to the finals.
- Participating team – Each participating team shall comprise of two or three participants consisting of two speakers and one researcher(optional). The roles which have been pre-assigned by the team shall be carried forward throughout the competition. The registration form requires teams to specify the roles of each individual member. Change of roles after the registration shall not be entertained.
- The dress code shall be as prescribed for advocates.
Participation in the Competition:
- The teams shall be registered on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
- The registration is restricted to a maximum of 25 teams for this competition.
Eligible Students and Application:
- The competition is open to full-time law students (5 year and 3 year course) registered in any University in India for the academic year 2020 – 2021. Only students studying law may participate in the competition. LLM students are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Each university may nominate a maximum of two teams. By applying for the competition, the teams shall be deemed to have accepted the rules, terms and conditions of the conditions as stated in this document.
- For Provisional Registration, each team must submit the Google Form by February 20, 2021
Upon acceptance of the team by the Organising Committee, the team must pay the full registration fees which is Rs.500/-PAY HERE. There shall be no refund of the registration fee in any circumstances, unless the competition is called off by the Organising Committee for reasons that shall be provided during such an event.
Duration of the competition rounds:
- Duration of preliminary Rounds, and semi-Final rounds
- Total time for Preliminary Rounds 20 minutes for each team.
- Total time for Semi Final Rounds 30 minutes for each team.
- Duration of Final Round
- Total time for Final Rounds 40 minutes for each team.
1st March, 2021: Last Date of Registration
2nd March, 2021: Day for Clarification
14th March, 2021: Last Date for Memorial Submission
Contact Details of the Team:
Once the list of selected teams is announced, each team will be given a team code for the purpose of the Preliminary Rounds draw.
Awards and Prizes:
The Organising Committee shall acknowledge the participation of all the teams and assessors at the competition with appropriate tokens of appreciation. Certificates shall be provided to all those who have registered with the Organising Committee and are present for the Valedictory function.
The Top Awards are:
Best team (Cash Prize Rs. 3,000/- + Trophy + Certificate of Merit)
Runners-up Team (Cash Prize Rs. 1,500/- + Trophy + Certificate of Merit)
Convener: Ms. Jaanvi Sharma (+91)8447917727
Co-convener: Mr. Yash Sharma (+91)8285423389
Student convener: Ms. Mahima Upadhyay (+91)8426005575
For Brochure: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.