Current affairs quiz today – 11th March 2021.
We recommend that you read the current affairs of 11th March 2021 before taking today’s current affairs quiz. Click here to access it.
#1. Which of the following statement/s is/are correct with respect to the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi (PMSSN)?
1. It constitutes a non-lapsable reserve fund for health.
2. It constitutes the proceeds from the Health and Education Cess.
3. It is administered by the Finance ministry.
ANS: (A) 1 and 2 only
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi (PMSSN).
- The new fund collected from the proceeds of Health and Education Cess would function as a single non-lapsable reserve fund for health.
- In the 2018 Budget, the Central government announced the replacement of the existing 3% Education Cess by 4% Health and Education Cess.
- The administration and maintenance of the PMSSN is entrusted to the Health Ministry.
- The major benefits of PMSSN will be the enhanced access to universal and affordable health care through the availability of earmarked resources, while ensuring that the amount does not lapse at the end of the financial year.
#2. Which of the following correctly describes the recently inducted INS Karanj?
ANS: (A) Scorpene class submarine
- The Navy recently inducted the third Scorpene class conventional diesel-electric submarine, INS Karanj, into service.
- The Scorpene-class submarines are a class of diesel-electric attack submarines. It features diesel propulsion and an additional air-independent propulsion (AIP).
#3. India’s largest floating solar power plant till date is being set up in which of the following states?
ANS: (D) Telangana
#4. With reference to the ‘BBIN Initiative’ consider the following statements:
1. It is a strategic alliance to tackle China’s intrusion in the Himalyan region.
2. The Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA) was signed in Thimphu.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
ANS: (B) 2 only
- The Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal (BBIN) Initiative is a sub-regional architecture of countries in Eastern South Asia, a sub-region of South Asia.
- The group meets through the official representation of member states to formulate, implement and review quadrilateral agreements across areas such as water resources management, connectivity of power, transport, and infrastructure. Hence, statement 1 is not correct.
- Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA) was signed on 15th June 2015 in Thimphu, Bhutan. Hence, statement 2 is correct.
- It seeks to facilitate the unrestricted cross-border movement of cargo, passenger, and personal vehicles between BBIN countries.
- As per the agreement, member countries would allow vehicles registered in the other countries to enter their territory under certain terms and conditions. Customs and tariffs will be decided by the respective countries and these would be finalised at bilateral and trilateral forums.
- Implementation of the MVA has been delayed as the countries work to clarify some of the provisions that are supposed to be elaborated in protocols.
- To provide seamless people-to-people contact and enhance economic interaction by facilitating cross border movement of people and goods.
Click here to access quizzes from previous days.