About Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation
Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation (IIAM) is opening up an online Painting contest on the theme, “Future of Justice” Now when we are in a lock down, when access to justice is not easily available, it would be a good time to reflect as to how important conflict is and how we should deal with it.Now, during a complete lockdown many things which we considered significant seems to be not so vital and things can be viewed through a different lens.
The competition is meant to encourage submissions of artistic expressions to present your emotions, feelings, ideas and innovative thoughts on the future of human relationships, conflicts and justice! IIAM believe that this would help to keep us motivated and focused and give a new hope, purpose and desire to see beyond the problems of these difficult times.
The competition is open to all from India and abroad, in all age categories.There will be two categories – Senior and Junior. Students will come under the category of Junior and all others under the category of Senior.
- There is no entry fee; each participant can send only one entry.
- You can submit a drawing, cartoon or a painting. You have complete freedom of choosing any medium that you would prefer. You could thus use pencil, coloured pencils, crayons, oil pastels, poster colours, watercolours, acrylic colours or oil colours.
- We expect that the artwork being submitted is your own creation and not a copy. Please avoid making copy of an existing artwork or a photograph. Let your original ideas flow.
- Permitted size of your artwork should be A4 size and must be sent in JPEG image form.
- For online submission, take a picture of the artwork using a digital camera or a smartphone. Make sure that the picture is taken in daylight. Avoid using artificial light or flash, as this may alter the colours.
- All artwork must be available in both low resolution as well as high resolution form. For the purposes of this competition, low resolution files should be sent and not exceed 10 MB. High resolution files will be required for publication and other print media requirements for which your artwork may be selected.
- Submit the artwork image with details such as title, medium used, size and write-up about your artwork.
The competition is open till 10th May 2020, following which a high-level jury will select the best 6 works each (3 from India and 3 from abroad) from each category, which will be displayed on IIAM Website, Social Media, PeaceGate App and Online Magazine.The Winners will be felicitated in the next IIAM International Conference.
All participants will receive participation certificate online.
Submit your artworks by mailing your entries to [email protected] The competition is open till 10th May 2020