About the Debate Competition (NMIMS)
NMIMS ERISTICA is the 1st edition of a National Level Debate Competition organised by SVKM’S NMIMS School of Law, Navi Mumbai.
The debate competition aims to provide the students with an opportunity to come forward and experience the art of debating and take away experience, expertise and excellence. It strives to provide a safe platform for students to grow and experiment with their communication skills and critical thinking.
Hence, the topic for this debate, “Is popular support enough to justify a social norm”, is befitting not just at this time, but since and for time immemorial in a democracy. This debate will be based on the Lincoln-Douglas debate format, i.e. one on one debate in order to promote individualism amongst contestants.
The competition is open to all the students pursuing an undergraduate course in any registered University.
Team Composition (Debate Competition)
Only individual registrations are allowed and a maximum of three teams (three individuals) from any university/institute can participate.
Step 1: To register, click here.
Step 2: Each participant is required to pay Rupees 299/- as the registration fee which is to be paid through an NEFT transaction.
- Account Holder Name: Soumitra Joshi
- Account Number:- 993910110011762
- IFSC Code: BKID0009939
- Bank Name: Bank of India
- Branch Name: Pansemal UPI: [email protected]
- Note: Paytm Wallet Payment is not accepted.
Step 3: Download the payment receipt. Take a screenshot and upload it on the Google form. Submit the registration form. You shall receive a confirmation email on completion of the process.
- Date of the Competition: 13th and 14th of June, 2020.
- The deadline for registration is 11:59 pm, 8th June 2020.
Awards and Certificates
- Winners: Rs. 3,000/-
- Runners up: RS. 2,000/-
- All the participants will be awarded E-certificates for participation.
- Pratima Barde: 7045866346
- Bhavya Godawat: 9413374455
- Nivruthi Pasupunuri: 9704070390
- Avantika Singh: 9350841638
Email Address: [email protected]