About Memorial Drafting Competition by Law Litigators
- It shall be online event
- At present students/participants Law student pursing 3 year or 5 year course from any recognized university/ college.
- In one team, not more than 2 participants are allowed. But, however, participants may seek individual or single participation
- Making a team from different universities or school or college is allowed.
- Note:- maximum 2 member per team but not more than that.
- Individual participation
- Team participation (max 2 member)
- Last Date to Register – 15 July 2020
- Submission of Memorial – 25 July 2020
- Result Declaration – 31 July 2020
- Each Team participating in the Competition must prepare a memorandum on behalf of the Petitioner/Applicant shall be in blue and on the behalf of the Defendant/Respondent shall be in red.
- Each team must send its memorandum via e-mail to the Organizing Committee of Law Litigator at law [email protected] (Law Litigators) latest by 25th july, 2020 by 23:59 hours IST. Please note that NO HARD COPIES ARE TO BE SUBMITTED.
- If any memorial is submitted after the deadline it will not be consider.
- The Memorial must contain the following parts only:
- Cover Page;
- Table of Contents;
- Index of Authorities;
- Statement of Jurisdiction;
- Statement of Facts;
- Issued raised;
- Summary of arguments;
- Arguments Advanced
Submissions shall be made in PDF format only and must be named as follows–
- “TEAM CODE:- PETITIONER” for soft copy of petitioner memorials.
- “TEAM CODE:- RESPONDENT” for soft copy of respondent memorials.
1. For Main Text:
a) Font type: Times New Roman
b) Font size: 12
c) Line spacing: 1.5
d) Body of text: Justified
2. For Headings
a) Font type: Times New Roman
b) Font size: 14.
3. For Cover Page
a) Font type: Times New Roman b) Font size: 16
- Individual participation :- Rs 300
- Team participation ( Max 2 members) :- Rs. 500
- Participants are required to register and pay the amount through Paytm or google pay on: 97691 71891
- Participants are required to send a screenshot of payment via whatsapp on the above mentioned number along with participants name. (Law Litigators)
NOTE : If any participants backouts then there will be no refund!
Registration Link:- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
The team code must be ascribed on the top right corner of the cover page. There must be no mention of Name, Contact number, Email id, University name etc in the memorials.
Team Code shall be communicated to the respective participant/teams by the Organizing Committee once registration process has been completed by the participant/teams.
SUBMISSION OF SOFT COPIES
Each registered participant shall submit a soft copy, both in Microsoft Word format and PDF format (.docx and .pdf) of the memorials from both sides, via email to the [email protected] (Law Litigators) on or before 25 july 2020 at 23:50 hours IST.
- Winner will be awarded cash price of Rs. 2000 and E-certificate
- Runner-up will be awarded Cash price of Rs 1000 and E-certificate
- The soft copy of the participants certificate will be provided to Email Id.
PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATE TO ALL (Law Litigators)
Following would be criteria for judging the Memorandum: Law Litigators
|Sr. No.||Parameters||Marks Allotted|
|1||Clarity of facts||20 marks|
|2||Use of law||20 marks|
|3||Use of authorities/precedents||20 marks|
|4||Arguments and clarity of thoughts||20 marks|