About The Legal Stone
The Legal Stone is a syndicate of practicing Advocates, Academicians, professors, researchers and students who have come along to develop a database covering aspects of law to help one another in understanding a particular point of law and we wish to do it with the help of all the legal fraternity
About the competition
The Legal Stone First National Article Writing Competition aims at providing a platform to compete amongst each other and to help another student/reader with your article by getting it published on our website.
Theme of the Competition
The Competition is open to all the topics related to economic, social & legal issues.
- The competition is open to those students who are currently pursuing law i.e. either in 3-year course or 5-year course. The competition is also open to those who have graduated but are preparing for competitive exams.
- An article can also be co-authored (maximum 2 participants).
- 2 individuals from 2 different institution/college/university is allowed.
Awards and Merit
- First prize: Rs 1500 cash & e-certificate of Merit
- Runners up: Rs 1000 Cash & e-certificate of Merit
- 2nd Runner up: Rs 500 Cash & e-certificate of Merit
- Top 10 participants will be given e-certificate of Merit and their article would be published on our website.
- Each participant will be given e-certificate of participation.
Guidelines to Authors
- The word limit is 2000 to 4000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Article shall be in Times New Roman with font size of 12 with line spacing of 1.5 and font size of footnotes should be 10.
- The 20th Bluebook edition shall be followed for all citations.
- Plagiarism should be less than 30%.
- The submission must be made in .doc or .docx format only.
- No participant can make more than 1 submission.
- Judgment shall be based on points given on the criteria of content, language & uniqueness.
- All submissions should be sent to [email protected] or [email protected] (The Legal Stone)
Last date of registration: 30th June, 2020
Date of Submission: 10th July, 2020
Date of Result: 16th July, 2020
Participation fee is Rs 200 for single author and Rs 300 for co-authored article. After the payment, the participant has to send us a mail in this format:
1) Name of the authors
2) Name of the Institution
3) Year of study
4) Email id
5) Send the screenshot of the payment to [email protected]
Note: The subject of the mail should be “REGISTRATION FOR FIRST LEGAL STONE NATIONAL ARTICLE WRITING COMPETITION”.
Payment to be made on our PhonePe/ Gpay No. 7693038125 or UPI ID: [email protected]
Alternate Phone pay Number 7247372753 or UPI ID: [email protected]
If there’s any issue in payment, then kindly mail us on [email protected] or [email protected]
Contact Information: The Legal Stone
For further query, one can mail us on [email protected] or Whatsapp on this number 9399638626/8765828114 or can DM us on Instagram handel @thelegalstone.