The Law Street is a pan-India body which aims at bringing together the legal fraternity of the country and help law students to get a platform for launching their careers in various branches of the legal field. The Law Street team facilitates students and lawyers in expanding their careers and enlarges the scope of legal work for the betterment of students, lawyers, academicians, and fortification of justice.
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Law Street welcomes submissions from learners especially students engaged in myriad fields of education. Through this project we aim to provide a platform to young budding minds from multidisciplinary background to enhance their writing skills by taking active part.
The theme for the submissions is open. Authors can pen down on various issues that surround us. It can be legal, socio-legal, socio-political or economic, which ignites them to write and provide readers an analytical insight. Submissions can be made under any of the heads as mentioned below:
- Essay writing
- Article writing- Short article & Long article
- Case Study/Analysis- which can include wholly theoretical analysis
or can be presented in the form of Power Point Presentation (ppt)
- Blog/ Column/ Legislative comment
We are accepting submissions from the authors on rolling basis.
The Law Street invites students, scholars and academicians from every field.
- The manuscript should be in MS Word format.
- All works must be original and unpublished and free from spelling and grammatical errors.
- Word Limit for
- Essay- 1000-3000 words
- Short Article- 800-2000 words
- Long Article- 2000-4000 words
- Case Study/ Analysis- 800-2500 words
- Case Study/ Analysis in PPT- minimum of 05 slides.
- Blog/ Column/ Legislative Comment- 400-800 words
- Long articles and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
- Up to 2 co-authors are allowed for all categories.
- It is advisable to adhere to the word limits of each category.
- All the submission must be in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx) with the Times New Roman Font (Main text: size 12 and 1.5 spaced, footnotes: size 10 and single-spaced). Footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, font size-10.
- Page borders should not be used.
- Texts and footnotes should conform to the ILI Citation Rules.
- Headings: Each heading in the body of the article must be numbered. The main headings should be numbered I, II, III and so on. The second level of headings should be numbered A, B, C, and so on. Both the first and second levels of headings should have the first letter of the main words capitalised. The third level of headings should be numbered 1, 2, 3 and so on. The fourth level of headings should be numbered (i), (ii), (iii) and so on. The third and fourth level of headings should have only the first letter of the heading capitalised.
- All the manuscripts must be accompanied by a cover letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/organization, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email id & phone number)
- Every submission of the manuscript shall be acknowledged within 48 hours and subject to the preliminary review process by the peer review group.
- In case of acceptance or rejection, the authors of submitted manuscripts shall be informed about the status of peer-review of the manuscript within 72 hours.
- After accepting the submission, we shall publish the writing within 48 hours of the payment made.
- The decision of the Editorial Board in this matter is final andbinding.
- Essay- Rs. 75 (for individual) & Rs. 100 (for co-authorship).
- Article (short & long)- Rs. 100 (for individual) & Rs. 150 (for coauthorship).
- Case Study/ Analysis/ PPT- Rs. 100 (for individuals) & Rs. 150 (for co-authorship).
- Blog/ Column/ Legislative Comment- Rs. 50 (for individual) & Rs. 75 (for co-authorship).
SUBMISSION THROUGH E-MAIL:
The Law Street will only accept electronic submissions. These may be emailed to [email protected] under the subject heading “Submission for TLS”.
All correspondence and queries may be addressed to
- Kaustubh Shandilya- 6394150387 (The Law Street)
- Aditi Tripathi- 9721744935. (The Law Street)