About Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur
CLS was founded in 2014 with the primary objective of providing a platform to foster discussions and debate on issues of corporate law and related topics, inculcate an interest in the subject and allow students to gain a practitioner’s perspective. This is facilitated through inviting our eminent alumni to deliver lectures on developments and emerging trends in the realm of corporate law and related areas. We also hold our flagship event, the Essay Competition, which provides a platform for students from Universities of Law all across the country to contribute to the corporate law academia, and to forward the discourse on the subject-matter.
About Pranita Mehta Memorial Article Writing Competition
The Essay Competition is annually organised by CLS in the memory of the Late. Ms. Pranita Mehta, an extremely talented student of NLUJ who was accorded several laurels for her academic endeavours. SHe was amongst the first ones to get recruited from the Batch of 2017 by one of India’s top law firms. The Essay Competition attracts participation from hundreds of law students from premier law schools across India and offers prizes worth Rs. 50,000/- to the winners. In the previous years, we have associated with leading law firms such as L&L Offices, J. Sagar Associates, Khaitan & Co. and so on – the Partners of such firms have judged the Essay Competition. The Competition aims to foster stimulating and innovative discussions on contemporary developments in the corporate law sphere through academic research and writing.
For this edition of the Competition, we have collaborated with the prestigious firm Indus Law.
- Opportunity to public equity shareholders to acquire shares after CIRP- a measure for protection or an instance of myopia?
- FTX: the Lehman Brothers of 2022- a lesson for the Indian crypto regime?
- Fractional Share Investing in India: A Step in the Right Direction?
- Supreme Court on Motive as a Precondition for Insider Trading.
- ESG regulations- Is Corporate India really doing its part?
- Digital Personal Data Protection Bill, 2022: Examining the Legislative Attempt To Protect Personal Data In India?
First Prize: Rs. 25,000/-
Second Prize: Rs. 15,000/-
Third Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
Publication with JCLG: The winning essay will also be published in the well-reputed Journal on Corporate Law and Governance [“JCLG”].
Internship with IndusLaw: Top three winners of the Competition will also get the opportunity to intern with IndusLaw.
Merit Certificates: Top ten submissions will also be given merit certificates.
Registration: Interested students must register with CLS by December 31, 2022 [11:59 PM] in order to confirm their interest in participation. CLICK HERE.
Participants must submit their essays by January 26, 2023 [11:59 PM]. CLICK HERE.
Join Kanooniyat’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also, check us out on Instagram and LinkedIn
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
- Call for Narratives by Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 31!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Lily Thomas Memorial Lecture 3.0 by Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Dec 12
- Faculty Development Program on “Curriculum Design, Pedagogy and Teaching Methodology for English Communication in Law Universities” by GNLU: Dec 19-24
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
- Virtual International Training Program on Mediation 2023 by ADR BAR and ADR HOC: Register Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.