The Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) has extended and disbursed financial support to over 500 Bar members under its COVID-19 scheme, it has been informed.
In a communication addressed to the members of the SCBA, its Treasurer Advocate Meenesh Dubey says that an amount of Rs 1.10 Crores has been disbursed to over 500 members of the Bar under the financial support scheme for COVID-19 distress.
The SCBA Advocates Welfare Fund received donations from various donors and a fund of Rs 1,94,75,000 was collected for this purpose. The Executive Committee has also extended its gratitude to the donors who generously made contributions for the fund.
The communication says:
The Executive Committee is further happy to inform the members the receipt of donation from the following persons:
- Anonymous Donor (Senior Advocate) Rs 8 Lacs
- Anonymous Donor- Hon’ble Judge of Supreme Court of India Rs. 5 Lacs
- Mr. Krishnan Venugopal Sr. Adv. – Rs 5 Lacs
- Mrs. Madhu Sharan & Mr Amit Anand Tiwari- Rs 5 Lacs
- Mr. Parag P. Tripathi Sr. Adv. Rs 5 Lacs
- Mr. Harin P. Raval Sr. Adv. Rs. 2 Lacs
- Ms. Nilima Tripathi Rs 2 Lacs
- Ms. Krishna Sarma from corporate law group Rs. 2 Lacs
- Mr. Bishwajit Bhattacharya Sr. Adv. Rs. 1 Lac
- Mr. Mahesh Kumar K-1489 Rs.30,000/-
- Mr.Nirvaya Kumar Samantray-Non Member Rs. 10,000/-