About the Organization
The “L” Word is an open-access blog which gives a platform to the young budding minds of the legal fraternity to share their beautiful and creative legal thoughts and thereby giving them the opportunity to broadcast their ability and skill in legal writing. This Blog is still in its nascent stage and as an endeavor to become the beacon of legal education by encouraging the synthesis of knowledge and best practices we wish to create vast pool of knowledge and wisdom for our readers to help them open up their minds.
This blog welcomes blog submissions on contemporary legal issues on rolling basis. We accept submission from students, members of bar, bench, and academia.
About the Competition
Article Writing Competition: Alternative Dispute Resolution is one of the profound inventions in the field of law, which is not only proving to be beneficial but is also being preferred over the traditional court litigation system. However, despite the popularity of the ADR mechanisms in the commercial world, the common man of the day is still unaware of the nuances of this ‘alternative’ to litigation. Moreover, with time, ADR system as a whole is also witnessing some changes. Thus, with an objective to create awareness amongst the masses and to highlight some of the contemporary issues in ADR regime, The ‘L’ Word is organizing its 2nd National Article Writing Competition.
“Alternative Dispute Resolution and the Contemporary Issues” – Article Writing Competition
(Please Note: The theme is broad enough to incorporate any topic related to ADR including Arbitration, Mediation, Conciliation, Negotiation, Lok Adalats, ODR, and all other allied issues.)
- Students pursuing the three or five-year LL.B course from any Law school/college/university in India are eligible to participate.
- Students pursuing their LL.M from any Law school/college/university are eligible to participate.
- Academicians, Researchers, and Ph.D./Doctoral Scholars from the field law.
- Last date for registration for Article Writing: October 20, 2020
- Last date for submission of Article Writing: October 31, 2020
- Declaration of Results of Article Writing: November 12, 2020
1. The Articles (Article Writing) must be original, unpublished, and not under simultaneous consideration anywhere.
2. Articles (Article Writing) must be in English language only. The language should neither be too simple nor too complex.
3. There is no need for an abstract or covering letter or cover page.
4. Word Limit (Article Writing): 2500-4000 Words (excluding footnotes)
5. All citations must strictly adhere to OSCOLA 4th Edition.
6. Endnotes are not allowed.
7. Speaking footnotes (substantive footnotes) are permissible provided they are not excessively used.
8. Participants should not mention their name or any kind of identification mark in the manuscript. Only mention you registration code under the title of the article (in the byline)
9. We condemn plagiarism of any kind. Thus, any article found with plagiarism above 10% shall be immediately rejected.
10. All submissions have to be made in MS Word format (.docs or .docx) in Times New Roman with font size 12 and 1.5-line spacing. [Headings in the article shall be bold with font size 14]
11. Co-authors to the entries are allowed. There can be a maximum of one co-author (i.e. Max. two authors in total per submission)
12. It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that the submissions do not contain any material that is defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful or litigious.
13. The copyright of the articles published on Blog shall vest in The ‘L’ Word Blog.
§ First Position: Certificate of excellence + Publication on the Blog (with publication certificate) [6-Months Editorship MAY be offered in case of exceptional writing skills, subject to selection]
§ Second Position: Certificate of Excellence + Publication on the Blog (with publication certificate) [6-Months Editorship MAY be offered in case of exceptional writing skills, subject to selection]
§ Third Position: Certificate of Excellence + Publication on the Blog (with publication certificate)
§ Position 4-13: E-Certificate of Merit + Publication on the Blog (with publication certificate)
§ All other participants would be entitled to receive E- participation certificates (E-certificate of appreciation CAN also be awarded in case of remarkable works)
Publication on the Blog
In addition to the aforesaid awards, the best articles (irrespective of the Rank in the competition) shall be published on The L Word Blog. Publication certificates shall also be awarded to the authors.
(The authors of the articles selected for publication shall be notified by November 30, 2020. Kindly avoid repetitive queries about the same.)
How to Register?
· The participants must register themselves by filling the Google form.
· After successful registration, a registration code shall be allotted to the participant(s).
· Here is the link for registration form: (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER)
There shall be no Fee at any stage for this competition.
How to Submit?
· The participant(s) shall submit their articles at [email protected].
· The subject of the email must be- “Submission-Registration Code”
· The articles must reach us before 11:59 PM, October 31, 2020
The contribution shall be evaluated on the basis of originality, innovativeness, conceptual clarity, accuracy, grammar & language.
§ All queries can be sent on [email protected]