About the Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a Japanese multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. It is the parent company of the Hitachi Group (Hitachi Gur?pu) As of April 2019, Hitachi operates ten business segments, ranging from IT, including AI and big data, to Construction Machinery.
Hitachi took over ABB Ltd.’s power grid division in December 2018. It is now (Hitachi ABB Power Grids) operating mainly in robotics, heavy electrical equipment, power, etc.
- Providing legal advice and counsel to the Research and Development (R&D) function, as well as the business, regarding all patent issues and manage opposition and appeal processes as required.
- Providing advice on employee invention disclosures. Actively defend and enforce the IP against unauthorized use and misappropriation by third parties.
- Monitoring patent activities in the technical field and ensure that the Company is not hindered in selling its own products. Avoid infringements of third parties’ Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs).
- Assisting IP attorneys with audits, portfolio reviews, deadline management, and conflict resolution and support administrative activities such as reporting and cost accounting.
- Coordinating patent processing in the Region/Country/Business Unit, drafting and prosecuting patent applications. Manage and exploits the overall company patent portfolio.
- Providing patent training and awareness for employees in the organization.
- Contributing to the development of new IP instructions/guidelines based on local legislation and directives.
- Managing and liaising with external service providers, including external legal counsel.
Who is the Role for?
- Education/Experience as Paralegal should have been completed.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar law, in a law firm or organization.
- Should have
- Excellent understanding of procedures of relevance to national and international patent management, particularly EPC, PCT, USPTO, and SIPO procedures.
- Experience working in or supporting client that is a large multinational global corporation and working as a team with people of different locations and cultures.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and IP tools/websites.
- Proficiency using web based IP data management software tools in a global organization and preferred to have experience with Anaqua.
- Fluent command of English, both written and spoken.
- Attention to detail, well-developed organizational and analytical skills, team spirit, flexibility, and ability to handle changing assignments and priorities.
Bangalore, Karnataka (Hitachi ABB Power Grids)
Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing, Information Technology & Services, and Computer Software
How to Apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY (Hitachi ABB Power Grids)