Current affairs quiz today – 26th Dec. 2020.
We recommend that you read the current affairs of 26th Dec. 2020 before taking today’s current affairs quiz. Click here to access it
#1. India signed a deal for jointly producing Ka-226T helicopter with which of the following countries:
ANS: (C) Russia
- India and Russia had signed an intergovernmental agreement in 2015 to sell New Delhi 200 Ka-226T helicopters, but a firm contract is yet to be inked.
- Kamov is a small, twin engine Russian utility helicopter. It is manufactured by Russian Helicopters
#2. With reference Direct-To-Home (DTH) and Over the top (OTT), consider the following statements:
1. DTH is a satellite service that provides Television viewing service while OTT requires internet connection.
2. DTH signals are analog while OTT has digital signals carriers.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
ANS: (A) 1 only
- Direct-To-Home (DTH) is a digital satellite service provider that provides Television viewing service directly to subscribers through satellite transmission anywhere in the country.
- An over-the-top (OTT) media service is any online content provider that offers streaming media as a standalone product. The term is commonly applied to Video on demand platforms, but also refers to audio streaming messaging services or internet based voice calling solutions. Hence, statement 1 is correct.
- In DTH, signals are digital by nature and are received directly from the satellite. OTT needs smartphones, tablets, laptops/computers. Hence, statement 2 is not correct.
#3. Consider the following statements:
1. It is a Central Sector Scheme.
2. It is implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
3. Rs. 6,000 per year are given to the farmers through direct benefit transfers.
The above statements most appropriately explains which of the following schemes?
ANS: (A) PM KISAN
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi was launched in February 2019, it is a Central Sector Scheme, which is being implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- On its first anniversary, the PM-KISAN Mobile App developed and designed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) in collaboration with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology was launched.
- Under the scheme, the Centre transfers an amount of Rs. 6,000 per year, in three equal instalments, directly into the bank accounts of the all landholding farmers irrespective of the size of their landholdings.
- The entire responsibility of identification of beneficiary farmer families rests with the State/UT Governments.
- It aims to:
- Reduce the input cost of the farmers.
- Ensure a fair price for the crop.
- Open new markets for the farmers to sell their crop.
- Supplement the financial needs of the Small and Marginal Farmers (SMFs).
#4. Currently, the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) Ltd includes:
1. Directorate of Film Festivals.
2. National Film Archives of India.
3. Children’s Film Society, India.
Select the correct answer using the code below:
ANS: (D) 1, 2 AND 3
Explanation: Merger of four of its film media units:
- Cabinet has approved the merger of four of its film media units with the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) Ltd.
- These include:
- Films Division.
- Directorate of Film Festivals.
- National Film Archives of India.
- Children’s Film Society, India.
- Need for: There was “duplication” between some of these organisations. After coming together, the governance will become better.
#5. Consider the following statements:
1. President Rule under Article 356 was first imposed in the state of Kerala in 1959.
2. The concept of President Rule was borrowed from Indian Councils Act of 1892.
Choose the correct answer.
ANS: (D) Neither 1 nor 2
• The president rule was borrowed from the Government of India 1935 Act
• It was first imposed in 1951 in Punjab by the Jawaharlal Nehru led government.
Click here to access quizzes from previous days.