We recommend that you read the current affairs of 19th Dec. 2020 before taking the following daily current affairs quiz. Click here to access it
#1. India conducts military exercise Sampriti with which of the following countries?
ANS: (B) Bangladesh
- Sampriti Exercise is a bilateral defence cooperation exercise between the armies of India and Bangladesh.
- It is seen as a part of Indo-Bangladesh defence cooperation.
- There are nine editions of Sampriti, the latest being Sampriti-IX that started off from February 3 – February 16, 2020, in Meghalaya.
#2. Consider the following statements:
1. The DakPay is a new digital payment application launched by the Department of Posts and Indian Banks Association.
2. The DakPay app provides interoperable banking services to customers of any banks.
Which of the given above statements is/are correct?
ANS: (B) 2 Only
- It is a new digital payment application launched by the Department of Postsand the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB).
- DakPay is a suite of digital financial and assisted banking services provided through the postal network to cater to the financial needs of various sections of society, particularly those living in rural areas.
- The services include free-of-cost money receipts and transfers at doorsteps, and scanned QR codes, to make payments for a range of utility and banking services.
- The app will help to enable cashless ecosystem through biometrics, providing interoperable banking services to customers of any banks
#3. Consider the following statements regarding Countering America’s Adversaries through Sanctions Act (CAATSA).
1. Its core objective is to counter Iran, Russia and North Korea through punitive measures.
2. It empowers the US President to impose some sanctions on persons engaged in a “significant transaction” with Russian defence and intelligence sectors.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
ANS: (C) Both 1 and 2
Countering America’s Adversaries through Sanctions Act (CAATSA) was passed unanimously by the US Congress and signed reluctantly by Donald Trump. Enacted on August 2, 2017, its core objective is to counter Iran, Russia and North Korea through punitive measures.
Title II of the Act primarily deals with sanctions on Russian interests such as its oil and gas industry, defence and security sector, and financial institutions, in the backdrop of its military intervention in Ukraine and its alleged meddling in the 2016 US Presidential elections.
Section 231 of the Act empowers the US President to impose at least five of the 12 listed sanctions — enumerated in Section 235 of the Act — on persons engaged in a “significant transaction” with Russian defence and intelligence sectors.
#4. Inner Line Permit is applicable to which of these states?
1. Arunachal Pradesh
Choose the correct option:
ANS: (C) 1, 3, 4 and 5 only
- Inner Line Permit (ILP) is an official travel document issued by the concerned state government to allow inward travel of an Indian citizen into a protected area for a limited period.
- It is obligatory for Indian citizens from outside those states to obtain a permit for entering into the protected state.
- Inner Line Permit is currently applicable for Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland and Manipur.
#5. Nikshay Poshan Yojana, sometimes seen in news is related to
ANS: (C) National TB Elimination Program
NI-KSHAY is the web enabled patient management system for TB control under the National Tuberculosis Elimination Programme (NTEP). It is developed and maintained by the Central TB Division (CTD), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, in collaboration with the National Informatics Centre (NIC), and the World Health Organization Country office for India.
Nikshay is used by health functionaries at various levels across the country both in the public and private sector, to register cases under their care, order various types of tests from Labs across the country, record treatment details, monitor treatment adherence and to transfer cases between care providers. It also functions as the National TB Surveillance System and enables reporting of various surveillance data to the Government of India.
Click here to access quizzes from previous days.