UPES was established in the year 2003 through the UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand. With an ambitious vision and peerless approach, UPES emerged as an innovative institution offering industry-specialised undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the fields of Engineering, Business, Law, Design, Health Sciences and the newest of the lot – Modern Media.
The university’s singular purpose is to enable each one achieve their individual purpose in life, through the guiding light of knowledge. The university believes that each one is empowered to pursue their dreams and passions in a meaningful and responsible manner. Thus, enabling one to choose life-pathways that fulfil their individual purposes fruitfully is the ultimate motivation of UPES.
About UPES Student Law Review:
UPES Student Law Review (USLR) is a bi-annual, student coordinated, double-blind peer-reviewed legal e-journal based at School of Law, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies emanating and embracing legal academia. The publication is entirely produced by the student board of the University under the supervision of accomplished faculty advisors.
The USLR Journal aims to publish comprehensive treatments of subjects (“articles”), written by law students, legal scholars, professors, jurists and all diverse members of the legal fraternity as well as shorter pieces, such as “notes” and “comments”.
About the Opportunity:
The UPES Student Law Review Blog is a digital platform for academicians, students, and law professionals across the globe to voice out their opinions in the form of “Blog Articles” on multidisciplinary fields of law of national as well as international significance with an objective of promoting academic research and fostering discussions on various contemporary legal issues. The blog is our endeavor to further provide an easy to access opportunity to all budding academicians to exchange ideas and share their knowledge with our readership on the internet.
UPES Student Law Review Blog welcomes submissions on a rolling basis for its inaugural edition on any area of law. We prefer analytical submissions on contemporary topics in law but are not hostile to static topics.
The opportunity is open to all members of the legal fraternity.
We invite submissions on all areas of law. However, preference will be given to submissions on contemporary subjects.
- Word Limit: 1500-2500 words (exclusive of footnotes)
- Co-Authorship: Maximum of 2 authors
- Plagiarism: Not exceeding 15% of the entire submission.
- Method of Referencing: Footnotes (The Bluebook 20th edn./OSCOLA 4th edn./JILI)
- File Format: .doc and .docx only
- Font Style: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 – Main Text, 10 – Footnotes
- Text Alignment: Justified
- Line Spacing: 1.5 – Main Text, 1.0 – Footnotes
- The manuscript shall not contain any personal credentials or any form of identifiable marks.
- The author(s) shall refrain from using page borders or any other unnecessary formatting features.
- The submissions shall be original and unpublished and should not be in consideration on any other forum. Authors should strictly adhere to the policies of Academic Integrity and refrain from any act of plagiarism or copyright infringement. In case of any dispute, UPES Student Law Review or the University shall not be held liable for the professional misconduct of the author(s).
- For detailed guidelines and other instructions, please go through the Editorial Policy in the official brochure.
How to Submit:
The submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.
For any further queries or clarifications, please feel free to reach out to:
Anshit Minocha: +91 – 9958005386
Atishya Ghosh: +91 – 9119748399
*For the Official Brochure, Click Here:*
*For the Official Flyer, Click Here:*
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.