Current affairs quiz today – 10th March 2021.
We recommend that you read the current affairs of 10th March 2021 before taking today’s current affairs quiz. Click here to access it.
#1. “Dustlik” is a military exercise between which of the following countries?
Choose the correct option:
ANS: (C) 1 and 2 only
The India-Uzbekistan joint military exercise is known as Dustlik. The first-ever exercise was held in 2019. Exercise Dustlik-II is being held between India and Uzbekistan from March 10-19, 2021.
#2. Enabling the Business of Agriculture report is published by:
ANS: (A) World Bank
#3. Consider the following statements with respect to Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act:
1. Cases under the UAPA are investigated by the State police and the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
2. Under the Act, both Indian and foreign nationals can be charged.
3. It includes the provision of designating an individual as a terrorist.
Which of the given statement/s is/are correct?
ANS: (D) 1, 2 and 3
- Under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, both Indian and foreign nationals can be charged.
- It will be applicable to the offenders in the same manner, even if the crime is committed on foreign land, outside India.
- It includes the provision of designating an individual as a terrorist.
- Cases under the UAPA are investigated by the State police and the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
#4. With reference to Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) System, consider the following statements:
1. It is used in nuclear submarines to increase their lethality and stealth multifold.
2. The AIP system based submarines can stay underwater for a longer duration.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
ANS: (B) 2 only
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has conducted the final development test of Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) System, crucial for diesel electric submarines (not for nuclear submarines).
- The AIP system based submarines will be required to surface much less frequently, thus increasing their lethality and stealth multifold. Hence, statement 1 is not correct.
- The AIP system based conventional submarines can stay underwater for a longer duration.
- Diesel-electric submarines require them to come to the surface frequently to charge their batteries, thus their underwater endurance time is less.
- However, ‘Air-independent’ propulsion technology helps to make the diesel generator less dependent on surface air, thus reducing the need to come on surface frequently. Hence, statement 2 is correct.
Click here to access quizzes from previous days.