The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry seeks to engage students pursuing Under Graduate/Graduate/Post Graduate Degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India or abroad, as “Interns”. The “Interns” shall be given exposure to various subjects deals with Sections/Divisions in DPIIT and would be expected to supplement the process of drafting proposals, exploring existing policies, laws, rules and regulations, carrying out research, and suggest course of action to improve regulatory environment and investment climate.
Internship: Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Eligibility: Applicants pursuing Graduation/Post Graduation/Research from any recognized University/Institution within India or abroad in following domain are eligible to apply:-
- Engineering- all branches
- Management- all branches
- Economics and Development
- Trade, Commerce and Industrialization
- Computers and Information Technology
- Library Management
Note:- Candidates from other domains can also be considered based on requirements on case to case basis
- Period: Period of Internship shall be at least six weeks but not exceeding three months. Interns not completing the internship for the requisite period will not be issued any certificate or paid stipend.
- Certificate: A certificate regarding successful completion of Internship shall be issued by the officer to whom the concern Intern will be attached to in a prescribed performa.
Stipend: Interns would be paid a stipend of Rs. 10,000/- per month.
Procedure to apply
- Interested applicants may apply on- line on the link CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
- Applicant must also clearly indicate the areas of interest and the period of engagement.
- A candidate can apply for internship only once during a financial year. The application will be valid for consideration for the entirety of the financial year in which the application is made.
- After the end of a financial year the applications received in that financial year will become invalid and a fresh database of applications will be compiled for new financial year.
- At the time of joining on selection, the applicant shall be required to submit a letter from their Head of Institution/Head of Department/ Principal, indicating their status in the Institution and “ No Objection” for allowing their students to undergo Internship programme for the proposed period.
Selection :- Mere submission of application does not confer any right on the candidates for selection/engagement for Internship in DPIIT. The Department reserves the right to select/engage Interns from various disciplines/branches based on its actual requirement.
Official Notification: CLICK HERE