National Law University, Jodhpur is an institution of national prominence established under the National Law University, Jodhpur Act, 1999 by Rajasthan State Legislation. The University is established for the advancement of learning, teaching, research and diffusion of knowledge in the field of law.
The Centre for Corporate Governance is a research hub under the rubrics of National Law University, Jodhpur, dedicated to research and development of governance standards for the corporate world. To promote holistic research on areas covered within the broad ambit of corporate law, the Centre came out with a bi-annual publication in 2008, known as Journal on Governance (also known as ‘Journal on Corporate Law and Governance’).
The Journal on Corporate Law & Governance [“JCLG”] is evidence of invincible research, thought-provoking ideas and significant academic and intellectual standards. It offers a forum for critical research on the interplay of contemporary corporate law issues, both from an academic and industry perspective. The Journal is peer-reviewed with ISSN serial publication No. 0976-0369 and indexed on prestigious legal databases SCC Online and Manupatra. Along with exploring the various problems and challenges that affect the corporate world, the Journal attempts to examine and offer workable solutions, which may help regulatory and policy decisions. Our previous issues boast of scholarly discourses from eminent legal practitioners, academicians, research scholars and students. The journal also publishes the winning essay of the prestigious Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition conducted by the Corporate Law Society, NLUJ. The competition aims to create profound discussions and discourse around contemporary issues within the corporate law realm. Please visit our website for accessing our previous issues.
The Editorial Board of the Journal welcomes submissions of original articles, comments and discussion within the aim and scope of the Journal for Volume V, Issue 2.
The broad theme of the Journal for Volume V Issue II is “Changing dynamics of Corporate Law & Governance: Steering towards Transparency & Accountability in the Indian scenario.”
The sub-themes for this issue are as follows:
- Addressing the corporate governance concerns in the Indian Start-up Culture: A look back on Zilingo & Bharat Pe cases.
- Reimagining the contours of corporate governance through RPT Regime in light of recent amendment to the SEBI Listing Regulation.
- Role of IFSC in the Indian SPAC Dream: Dealing with corporate governance challenges in the Indian context.
- Lock-in period of Anchor Investors and its effect on Retail Individual Investors (RII) amid the great Indian IPO rush.
- Devas Antrix Case and ‘fraud’ as a ground for winding up the corporation: Did the Supreme Court open a pandora’s box?
- Aftermath of the NSE co-location scam: A wake up call for corporate governance.
- Analyzing the problem of poor corporate governance in Public Sector Undertaking/Banks.
- Analysis of the recent Corporate Greenhouse Gas Disclosure Norms: Lessons for the Indian corporate governance regime.
- Corporate governance in modern times: Can utilisation of technology help achieve stronger corporate governance in corporations?
Please note that the list of sub-themes is merely suggestive and non-exhaustive in nature. The authors can choose to submit manuscripts on other relevant and contemporary topics.
The Journal invites academicians, practitioners, students of law pursuing their LL.B. (Hons.)/LL.B./LL.M. from any recognised university to submit their entries.
The deadline for receipt of submissions is July 31, 2022.
Please note that the submissions must conform to the following requirements:
- The author(s) may contribute to the Journal in the form of Articles, Notes, Comments and Case Analysis.
- The acceptable length of Articles is >4500 words, and of Notes, Comments & Case Analysis is between 3000-4500 words, including footnotes.
- All submissions must include an abstract of not more than 300 words, explaining the main idea, objective of the article and the conclusions drawn from it.
- Each submission may have maximum of two authors.
- The manuscript should be on A4 sized paper, in Garamond, font size 12, 1.15 line Spacing, justified and 1-inch margins on each side. Footnotes should be in Garamond, font size 10 and with single line spacing.
- The Authors must conform to the Bluebook (20th edition) Uniform System of Citation. Please refer to our guide to Bluebook (20th edition) here.
- The Manuscript should not contain any identification of the author/s, which shall be a ground for rejection of the submission. Authors should provide their contact details, designation, institutional affiliation and address in the covering letter for the submission.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to direct rejection.
- The relevant sources should be duly acknowledged as footnotes. The decision of the Editorial Board in this regard shall be final.
- Authors are requested to send an electronic version of their manuscripts .doc or .docx format to [email protected] with the subject as “Submission- [Name of Author] –Volume V Issue 2.”
- The document name must be in the following format “[Name of Authors(s)] – [Title of submission].”
- The e-mail must contain a covering letter providing the contact details, designation, institutional affiliation and address of the authors.
- Manuscripts shall be assessed by through a three stage Blind Review Procedure. Reviewers shall not be informed of the author’s name, university, year in college, or any other personal information.
- The Journal publishes only original and unpublished material. Manuscripts must therefore not, at any time during the period of consideration by the Journal, be considered for publication in any other place, nor published beforehand.
- The author must inform the Journal if he/she has submitted the manuscript to other platforms prior to its acceptance for publication in the Journal. The author must withdraw his/her submission accordingly.
- JCLG is committed to open access for academic work. All the articles published in the JCLG are freely accessible immediately from the date of publication. The Journal doesn’t charge the authors any fee or charge prior to publication, and no charge for any reader for accessing and downloading our articles for their own personal use.
All queries may be addressed to the Editorial Board at [email protected].
Additionally, you may also contact:
Shreya Rajasekaran (Editor-in-Chief) +91-9884182366 [email protected]
Vedaant S. Agarwal (Editor-in-Chief) +91-9022226663 [email protected]
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.