Kanooniyat is a legal website providing daily legal updates to its user base, comprising law students, law aspirants, lawyers and legal professionals, in the form of articles, opportunities and legal jobs. Social media links: Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook.
About the Guest Speaker
The guest speaker for this webinar on Marital Rape will be Advocate Vikram Srivastava who is a human rights advocate and the founder of Independent Thought. The speaker also specializes in Labor and Employment Law and Family Law. The NGO, Independent Thought, has been working for child rights and for furthering women’s rights in the country. It was after the case of Independent Thought v. Union of India (2017] 10 SCC 800, AIR 2017 SC 4904), that even marital sexual intercourse with a girl below the age of 18 was declared as a criminal offence. Currently, the NGO is fighting to get marital rape criminalised in India.
About the Webinar on Marital Rape in India
The webinar will be addressing the issue of marital rape in India and aims to raise awareness, equip students with credible facts and impart much needed sensitization.
The webinar will be held on 15th February, 2022 at 1600 hrs. The platform will be Google Meet and the link will be shared with the registered participants.
Recommended Audience for Kanooniyat Webinar on Marital Rape
- Students (UG/ PG/ Certifications/ Diploma) from any stream from any University/ College/ Institute in India.
- Working law professionals.
- Other public spirited individuals keen to educate themselves on the topic.
- Certificate of Attendance in the webinar to all the attendees.
- After they fill the registration form, participants will receive an email within 48 hours acknowledging the same from our end. The registration shall be complete after this step.
- The link of the meeting shall then be sent to your email id and WhatsApp.
Click here for participating in the Kanooniyat Opinion Writing Competition, 2022 on marital rape and allied issues. .
- Registration Link: Click here
|Date and Time
|Late date to register
|15th February 2022 – 2 PM
|15th February 2022 – 4PM
In case of any queries related to this Webinar on Marital Rape or the Opinion Writing Competition, feel free to contact us at: