About Desi Kaanoon
Starting off on Instagram sharing memes related to legal knowledge, Desi Kaanoon is a social-media start-up by law students, for law students. With a current following of more than thirty thousand followers including Facebook and Instagram, Desi Kaanoon has been a proud media partner for various events of law schools, colleges and universities. Besides, have mentored more than ten thousand law aspirants to get through eminent law schools across the country. We also organize various events including seminars and quiz competitions for our budding lawyers.
We often look forward to promote seminars, moot courts, MUNs, essay competitions, quiz competitions, conferences, call for papers and many more events. Our firmly gained goodwill has connected us with lots of talented people from the legal arena one would have always aspired of interning under. (Desi Kaanoon)
Our website (Desi Kaanoon) intends to bring to you articles on contemporary legal issues. To inspire young minds, regular interviews of top-notch lawyers are shared, particularly about their hardwork and life advices.
About the Competition
To derive some constructive purpose out of the current situation of pandemic, Desi Kaanoon brings to you its very first edition of National ‘Online’ Quiz Competition, 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic has rendered individuals and society extremely vulnerable in all respects. During these tough times, we at Desi Kaanoon believe that the process of learning shouldn’t Stop, Hence, We plan to conduct a National ‘Online’ Quiz on the Constitutional Law and Criminal Law (limiting to the Indian Penal Code 1860).
Student pursuing any undergraduate or post graduate course from a recognized University/Institute shall be eligible to participate. Each student shall participate individually.
- Mode of the Quiz: ‘Online’
- Medium of the Quiz: ‘English’
- The Quiz will be conducted via ‘Google’ form.
- The Quiz will consist of ‘2’ rounds: Prelims and Finals respectively.
- The Quiz will include multiple choice and one-word questions based on Constitutional Law and Criminal Law (limiting to the Indian Penal Code 1860)
- This competition is not team based; therefore, the participants have to participate individually.
- Last date to register for this ‘Quiz’ competition is 3 July, 2020. (Desi Kaanoon)
Registration amount for the Quiz is Rs. 99/- per participant.
Participants are required to pay the ‘Registration’ amount through PayTM/Google Pay/Phonepay at 7800701816
Important Rules & Regulations
- The Quiz will comprise of ‘2’ rounds namely, Prelims and Finals.
- All participants for the competition are required to join the ‘WhatsApp’ group via link at the end of the registration form. The link for each round will be uploaded there only.
- The Quiz (both the rounds) will be based on Constitutional Law and Criminal Law (only the Indian Penal Code 1860).
- Participants are advised to check their mailboxes and the group for regular updates with regard to the competition.
- Participants shall ensure decent internet connectivity and are advised to be online at least 30 minutes before the quiz begins. (Desi Kaanoon)
- The Prelims round will take place on 5 July 2020 at 6 PM. The Final round will take place on 6 July 2020 at 6 PM.
- The Prelims round will comprise of a total of 55 questions to be attempted in 17 minutes and in one go. Every question will carry 01 mark and there will be no negative marking.
- The results of the prelim round will be declared on 6 July 2020 in the morning.
- Note1: In case of a tie in scores in the ‘Prelims’ round, the participant who has submitted the form early will be given preference. If the tie continues, the Participant who has answered the number of ‘Short Answer’ questions correctly will be given preference.
- Top 15 from the Prelims round will appear for the Final round. They will be added in the new ‘WhatsApp’ group soon after the declaration of results of the Prelims.
- The Final round will comprise of a total of 35 questions to be attempted in 12 minutes and in one go. Every question will carry 01 mark and there will be no negative marking.
- The results of the Final Round will be declared on 7 July 2020 in the evening.
- Note2: In case of a tie in scores in the ‘Final’ round, the participant who has submitted the form early will be given preference. If the tie continues, the Participant who has answered the number of ‘Short Answer’ questions correctly will be given preference.
- The decision of the Organizers shall be final and binding in relation to any matter connected with the competition. Furthermore, the dates provided are subject to change at the discretion of the organizers.
PRIZES WORTH Rs. 10,000/-
- 1st Prize: E-certificate of Merit and a cash prize of Rs. 2500/- + MEMO PUNDITS COURSE ON MEMORIAL MAKING
- 2nd Prize: E-certificate of Merit and a cash prize of Rs. 1500/- + MEMO PUNDITS COURSE ON MEMORIAL MAKING
- 3rd Prize: E-certificate of Merit and a cash prize of Rs. 1000/-
- E-certificate of Appreciation for subsequent Top 12 performers.
- E-certificate of Participation to all the other participants (excluding the above).
To register, click here (https://forms.gle/yZD27Qj4q4XGKbH47)
Note1: Participants are required to fill the above google form and attach the payment receipt of registration in the form.
Note2: The link to the ‘WhatsApp’ group will be provided at the time of submitting the registration form. Please join the group to get all the details with regards to the quiz.
Contact Details: Desi Kaanoon
In case of any questions related to problem or clarification regarding the competition feel free to write to us at [email protected] in case of queries.
We can also be reached out at:
Anadi Tewari (+91 8299338062)
Priya Chaudhary (+91 9454742769)
I wnt use this app for improve my studies
Nice i love this