About the Organisation
The Legal Aid Society of NLUO has been one of the most vibrant committees. Since its constitution, it has been working with the sole aim of bridging the gap between what the law promises to offer and the actual realities of the law.
About the Blog
The Blog is an initiative of The Legal Aid Society NLUO to encourage research in the field of Legal Aid Services to promote an environment of debate and discussion on issues related to various laws that affect the underprivileged through the invitation of submissions from interested individuals.
About the Theme
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to extreme chaos and has engulfed the world with disquiet and uncertainty. Where on one hand, practising basic safety measures, staying at home and social distancing is a luxury for the marginalised, it became the worst nightmare for the lower economic groups including migrant workers and daily wage earners.
The role and contribution of a social worker are of invaluable importance during this trying time. Fortunately, we have many unsung heroes who are devoting their effort as a helping hand at this hour of need and are proving to be a lifeline for many. Their preventive and treatment services are ensuring the health and well-being of the needy during this pandemic.
Their selfless devotion in this noble cause is crucial to mitigate the damaging effect of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Legal Aid Society, NLUO through its blog would like to acknowledge their endeavour as a tribute and gratitude for their commendable service towards humanity. We, thus invite blog post addressing such social workers who are contributing their bit, tackling the needs of vulnerable in society.
An epigraph of Unsung Warriors of the doomed Pandemic.
- The submission should be the original work of the author and not under consideration for publication in any other journal, blog or like platform. Candid Views will be given preference.
- 2 Co-authors permitted.
- A relevant photograph of the subject matter of the post will be preferable.
- Word limit: Minimum word-1000, Maximum word-1200 (exclusive of footnote).
- Font: Times New Roman. Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5
- Relevant sources must be duly acknowledged and mode of citation should be Uniform.
- Submissions will be entertained on a rolling basis till 31st July 2020, 11:59 pm. An early submission shall be appreciated.
- Submissions should be mailed to [email protected] in .docx format with the subject as “Submission for Legal Aid Blog”.
The selected manuscripts will be published in the legal Aid blog of The Legal Aid Society NLUO. Authors shall receive an acknowledgement email on receipt of the article within 7 days.
Email: [email protected]
- Suman Soren: 9937081978, (Co-Convenor: The Legal Aid Society)
- Anjali Agarwal: 8178901558, (Secretary: The Legal Aid Society)
- Himani Jaruhar: 9113147776, (Treasurer, The Legal Aid Society)