About Bennett Journal of Legal Studies (BJLS)
Bennett Journal of Legal Studies (BJLS) is an annual journal proposed to be published by the School of Law, Bennett University, Greater Noida. The Bennett journal seeks to serve as an interdisciplinary forum for examining socio-legal issues from contemporary perspectives. It aims to cater to the emergent need of widening the platform for scholars, professionals, academicians, and the like and enable them to share both knowledge and scholarship of new and innovative ideas in legal and allied disciplines.
COVID-19 & Justice Delivery System: Challenges and Way Forward
The Bennett Journal of Legal Studies invites scholars, academicians, and practitioners to contribute critical articles.
- All submissions to be made online to [email protected]
- The last date for receiving contribution is July 31, 2020.
Categories for Submissions
- Long Articles: 5000 and 8000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Short Article/Essay: 3500 to 5000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Case Comment, Legislation Review, or Treaty Appraisal: 2000 to 3500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Commentary, Book Review, or Short Notes on Contemporary Developments: 1500 to 2000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Originality: All submissions must be the original and unpublished works of the author. The contributions shall be evaluated on the basis of originality, innovativeness, clarity, and technical correctness. Preference would be given to the submissions made pertaining to contemporary legal issues. In case of a reference to unpublished works, the author shall be deemed to have obtained the permission of the referred author.
- All contributions to the journal are peer-reviewed by its expert advisory board subject to the editorial approval and test of plagiarism. Plagiarism in any form shall result in instant rejection of the submission. Average score of borrowing or reproduction from foreign sources should not exceed 25%, including footnotes/bibliography.
- The Editorial Board of Bennett Journal of Legal Studies (BJLS) shall not be responsible for any material that is libelous or scandalous.
- The decision of the Editorial Board of Bennett Journal of Legal Studies in this matter is final and binding.
- Format and Mode of submission: All submissions must use A4 format, with a 1inch margin on all sides, use Times New Roman font with a font size of 12, and line spacing of 1.5. All references should be footnoted in Times New Roman font size 10 and line spacing of 1.0.
- Speaking footnotes are allowed, though heavy usage of speaking footnotes is discouraged. The use of endnotes is not allowed.
- All submissions must be in .doc or .docx format. Submissions made in .pdf format or in any other formats shall not be considered.
- All submissions must be through e-mail ([email protected]) and hard copy submissions are not allowed.
- Number of Authors: Paper can be co-authored however, a maximum of two authors is allowed.
- Abstract: Each manuscript submission must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words describing the relevant arguments made or conclusions that have been drawn, which should be placed at the beginning of the paper. The abstract shall not be used for any prior selection of manuscripts. Non-submission of abstract can serve as a ground for disqualification of the submission.
- All contributions and correspondence should be addressed to ‘The Editors, Bennett Journal of Legal Studies, School of Law, Bennett University.’
- The manuscript should be accompanied with the author’s name, designation, institute, contact number, and e-mail for future reference.
- Footnoting or Citation style prescribed under Blue Book shall be followed in order to maintain uniformity across submissions.
- The contribution accepted for publication and the copyright therein shall remain jointly with the contributor and Bennett Journal Legal Studies. Any person desiring to use the BJLS’s material for educational purposes, research, or private study can do so with the prior written permission of the publisher i.e. School of Law, Bennett University.
- All contributors while submitting any contribution towards BJLS hereby consent to indemnify School of Law, Bennett University and BJLS towards all claims, suits, and consequences based on any claim of copyright infringement or unauthorized use/violation of any right which may arise as a result of their contribution being published in the BJLS.
- Citation Format: [Volume]BJLS[Page][Year].
- Ms. Anita Singh: +91-7032861152
- Mr. Jacob George Panickasseril: +91-9400284309
- Dr. Suvir Kapur: +91- 8948304010
- Dr. Garima Tiwari: +91- 8349993098
- Email: [email protected]