About the Organisation
NLU Jodhpur is a public law school and a National Law University established under the National Law University, Jodhpur, Act, 1999 enacted by the Rajasthan State Legislature.
About the Competition
Centre for Studies in Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Law & Policy (NLU Jodhpur) is organising a Writing Competition on Practices Demonstrating Conservation and Sustainable Use of Environment during COVID-19.
The unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic spread rapidly throughout the world and country after country responded with lockdowns which, according to UNESCO, has made around 1.5 billion students globally remain at home.
Studies show that interaction with nature beneficially contributes to our mental and physical health but the pandemic has posed a new challenge before us-how do we engage with nature while remaining indoors? There may be many creative ways in which individuals or groups are taking up this challenge and they should get the attention they deserve.
Coming in the backdrop of the World Nature Conservation Day (July 28), the aim of the competition is to support and reward innovative ideas and practices relating to engagement with nature during this pandemic.
Who can Participate?
The competition is open to all law students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various Indian Universities/Institutes/Colleges.
How to Participate?
Each participant/Group (not more than five) to submit a write-up of 2000 words along with necessary photographs elaborating on points which include the following:
- Ideas and practices about your own engagement with nature during this pandemic.
- The benefits of such practice for the environment.
- The write-up along with photographs has to be mailed to csenrlp[at]nlujodhpur.ac.in on or before 8th August 2020.
Each entry shall pay a registration amount of Rs. 500 is link here at ‘Payment Other than Semester Fee’ specifying the purpose of payment as “CSENRLP Writing Competition August 2020”.
Please email the payment receipt at [email protected]
- Font: Times New Roman, Font Size 12; Line spacing- 1.15
- Margin: 1 on all sides
The entries will be judged by a panel of esteemed professors/luminaries in the field of Environmental Law.
- The 1st Prize will be a cash prize of Rs. 5,000.
- The 2nd Prize will be a cash prize of Rs. 3,000.
- The 3rd Prize will be a cash prize of Rs. 2,000.
- Honourable Mentions will be provided Certificates of Merit.
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Mr. Shashank Shekhar, Assistant Professor (Faculty of Law, NLU Jodhpur): +91 9643092410.