LAW INFORMANTS: ESSAYS TO BE BASED ON ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TOPICS
TOPIC 1: TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT AND JUDICIARY
A catastrophic impact made by COVID 19 has also made us realise the need of technological advancement. Even a crisis comes up with an opportunity. COVID 19 serves an opportunity for the Judicial system of our country to use the technological advancements to develop the court system and make justice more feasible to general public. The question however remains as to how this opportunity be utilised in a perfect manner.
TOPIC 2: WAS JUSTICE ACTUALLY SERVED?
A mixed response towards the recent encounters by police giving different legal angles question by itself the very stand of Judiciary’s ability to provide justice. People feel more relieved by the death of the accused than to wait years for justice to come through the courts of law. However, claimed to be done in a wrong way, people argue to be violative of rule of law.
TOPIC 3: IS DEATH PENALTY AGAINST HUMANITY?
One of the most widely discussed matter in the legislative sector, death penalty is still highly debated issue claimed to be purely authoritative and non democratic. The supporters suggest it to be an effective form of punishment however it is argued to be an inhumane practice . Stuck between beneficial for society and individual human rights this remains to be a hot button issue.
1. The essay should be an original work of the author and unpublished. However, it CAN BE USED for publication in any other journal or blog.
2. The work must NOT be plagiarized however plagiarism is allowed upto 20%. (Law Informants)
3. Co-authorship (limited to 2 authors) is allowed.
4. The Word Limit for, essays: 700-1000words; Manuscripts above the prescribed word limit shall not be considered as a general rule, except under special circumstances subject to the sole discretion of the Editorial Board.
5. All submissions should be typed in font Times New Roman with heading size 14, font size 12, line spacing 1.5′; justified.
6. The submissions should be made online in a MS Word format document to: [email protected] mentioning the following details on a cover page: the name of author(s), College/University, present year and semester the topic chosen, Contact number and e-mail ID. (Law Informants)
7. All citations should be in hyperlink.
Single Author – Rs. 150/-
Co-Authorship – Rs. 250/-
Early bird registration discount of Rs 50/- is applicable before 15th August 2020.
Google pay [email protected]
Phonepe – [email protected]
Paytm – 7440480281
(You necessarily need to attach the screenshot of your payment in the form.)
FOR QUERIES CONTACT
Arpit Sanjar: 7440480281 (Law Informants), [email protected]
Ananya Namdev: 7389739666 (Law Informants), [email protected]
Minhas Joshi: 6264689597, [email protected]
LAST DATE FOR REGISTRATION: 25TH AUGUST 2020
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION: 31ST AUGUST 2020
REGISTRATION LINK: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER