About Millennium Laedan
Millenium Laedan functions under the Millennium Fellowship presented by The United Nations Academic Impact and MCN. The fellowship is intended to make a social impact and we, The Millennium Laedan envisages achieving sustainable development goals.
About the Millennium Laedan National Debate Competition
The Millenium Laedan National Debate Competition 2020 will see discussion on:
– Law, Morals And Everything In Between
– Gender, Sexuality and Equality
– The Environment
Eligibility for the Millennium Laedan National Debate Competition 2020
Students enrolled in any educational institution between 18-22 years of age are eligible to apply
- Language: The language for the debate competition shall be English only.
- Team Size: The team size of the event is two.
- Rounds: There will be 3 rounds, and the first round will be written.
- First Round: Each team member must upload their take on the topic with an article of about 200 words for the first round.
The eligibility to the second round is based on the combined individual score of the team members on their take on the topic
- Plagiarism: Any kind of plagiarised work will not be entertained.
- Second Round: The second round will be an Oxford-style debate where the teams will be grouped of sizes 4-8.
One or two teams, depending on the judge’s discretion, go to the final round.
- Total Time: The total time allotted for the first round per team will be two minutes. There will be a Rebuttal.
- Participation Rules: The participants are required to keep themselves ready to log in, at least 15 minutes before the event, to maintain punctuality in conducting the program.
All necessary precautions have to be taken by the participants to ensure the smooth conduct of the event from their side.
- Use of Webcam/Face Camera (a device used by participants) while speaking is mandatory.
- Reading from any written document is prohibited. If it is observed by the Judges/organizer, the teams will be disqualified.
- Usage of any abusive language shall implicate immediate disqualification of candidature.
- The topics under a specific category will be given 15 min before.
The awards for teams participating in the Millennium Laedan National Debate Competition 2020 are:
- Best Team Award: Rs. 3000/- along with an e-certificate of merit.
- Runners-Up Team Award: E-certificate of merit.
- Best Speaker Award: E-certificate of merit.
- Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
- Last date of Registration: 2nd December 2020
- Second Round: 6th December 2020
e-Mail ID: themilleniumladean[at]gmail.com
Official website: Click here