LawInternships is an organisation that provides internship opportunities in the field of law primarily to the students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate programs. We assist in providing opportunities for gaining professional experience as well as improving legal skills while being enrolled in a full-time law program. The objective is to prepare students for the real world by imparting practical exposure and relevant skills through legal internships.
We at LawInternships provide highly motivated students opportunities in Law firms, Government organisations, Companies, Trial and Appellate Advocates or any other organization where law is practiced either in action or in dispute resolution or in management; pan-India. We assist in providing opportunities for gaining professional experience as well as improving legal skills while being enrolled in a full-time law program.
About the Competition
LawInternships stands as one of the fastest emerging platforms during these unprecedented times. Since its very inception,a debate drastically improves one’s linguistic and logical skills, along with the ability to construct strong arguments in a short amount of time, which is paramount in this world with cut throat competition. We are proud to announce that we are organizing the 1st edition of the National Virtual Debate Competition, 2020, to be held from 27th November to 29th November, 2020. This Debate Competition will be based on the Lincoln-Douglas debate format i.e. one on one Debate Competition in order to promote individualism amongst contestants.
Having successfully organized various different webinars and competitions in a row, this edition (Debate Competition) speaks of our efforts that aim at improving the whole experience by ensuring that the teams are met with a challenging problem based on contemporary and developing aspects of Law.This Debate Competition will be conducted virtually allowing the students to hone their debating skills. The Debate competition strives to provide a safe platform for students to grow and experiment with their communication skills and critical thinking.
This Debate competition is open to all bona fide undergraduate and postgraduate participation from colleges across India. There is no restriction on the number of student participants from each college.
Topics for NDVC, 2020:
- Preliminary & Octa- Final Round (Debate Competition)
Farms Bill, 2020: A new hope for the farmers.
- Quarter & Semi- Final Round (Debate Competition)
Draft EIA 2020: A way ahead in curbing climate change
- Finals Round
Contempt of court vs. Freedom of speech and expression.
- The participation fee is Rs. 500/- only (Five Hundred Rupees only) and the participant can make payments over G-pay/Paytm/Phonepe or through online banking.
- G-pay/ Paytm/ Phonepe Number:
- Bank a/c details:
Account Holder Name: LAW INTERNSHIPS
Account Number: 6336002100000663
Bank: Punjab National Bank
IFSC Code: PUNB0633600
- Registration fee once paid is non-refundable.
- After making the payment the participant is required to take a screen shot of the payment.
Caution while filling the form:
- Please ensure the form is filled with your full name as should be reflected in the participation or merit certificates.
- Proper email-ids must be provided in the event of any correspondences to be made.
- A copy of your college id must also be uploaded in the form for verification purposes.
- The participant can fill in the following form provided through this link and upload the screen shot of the payment in the form.
Structure of the Competition:
- The Competition shall comprise of 4 stages;
- PRELIMINARY ROUNDS: 3+1 Minute to speak. End of 1 minute (Single bell), end of 3 Minutes (Double bell) and end of 4 minute (Time Up). Rebuttal 1Minute each.
(Topic: Farms Bill, 2020: A new hope for the farmers!)
- OCTA- FINAL ROUND:3+1 Minute to speak. End of 1 minute (Single bell), end of 3 Minutes (Double bell) and end of 4 minute (Time Up). Rebuttal 1Minute each.[NOTE: If the there are less than 32 registrations then there will be no Octa-Finals but all the other rounds remain the same.]
(Topic: Farms Bill, 2020: A new hope for the farmers!)
- QUARTER FINALS ROUND: 4+1 Minute to speak. End of 1 minute (Single Bell), end of 4 Minute (Double Bell), end of 5 minute (Times Up).
Rebuttal 2Minute to each team. End of 1 minute (Single bell) and end of 2 minute (Time Up).
(Topic: Draft EIA 2020: A way ahead in curbing climate change)
- SEMI FINALS ROUND: 6+1 Minute to speak. End of 1 minute (Single Bell), end of 6 Minute (Double Bell), end of 7 minute (Times Up).
Rebuttal 2+1 Minute to each team. End of 2 minute (Single bell) and end of 3 minute (Times Up).
(Topic: Draft EIA 2020: A way ahead in curbing climate change )
- FINAL ROUND: 9+1 Minute to speak. End of 5 minute (Single bell), end of 7Minute (Double bell), and end of 10 minute (Times Up).
Rebuttal 3+1 Minute to each team. End of 3 minute (Single bell) and end of 4 minute (Times Up).
(Topic: Contempt of court vs. Freedom of speech and expression.)
Rules of the Competition:
- Each round will have a different topic and the topics shall be released beforehand to provide preparation time for participants.
- The medium of debate is strictly English.
- The participants must maintain professional decorum at all times throughout the competition. Use of abusive or profane language will immediately disqualify the participant.
- The participants must ensure sound internet connection and in the event of any disruptions another chance shall not be provided.
- In the event there has been a technical glitch or internet issue from the organiser’s side whole responsibility shall be ours and will do the needful.
- Any sort of malpractice or doubts that malpractice might have happened will lead to disqualification.
- Participants are advised to use laptop or desktop. In the event of non-availability of both mobile phones may be used.
- The student will have to maintain a distance of one meter minimum from the laptop or desktop.
- The participants must use earphones and ensure that they are in a closed and silent space without background disturbances while the competition is in progress.
- While a participant is speaking all the others are requested to keep their mics on mute and unmute only when asked to speak.
- Individual scores of each round will be released on our website and other social media platforms.
- Disclaimer: The decision of the Judges and the Organizing Committee of the Host Institute on any issue arising during the competition shall be final and binding.
The marking criteria shall be as under:
|S. No.||CRITERIA||TOTAL MARKS|
|2.||Organisation and Clarity||20|
|3.||Preparation & Flow of Ideas||20|
|4.||Use of Arguments||20|
Awards and Certificates:
- The winners will be awarded duly.
- Winner–Rs. 3000 + Book(s) + Trophy +Merit certificate.
- Runner up– Rs. 2000 + Book + Merit certificate.
- 2nd Runner up – Rs. 1000+ Merit certificate.
- Every participant will be provided with participation certificate.
- Last date of Registration: December 2, 2020.
- Last date for any clarification: December 5, 2020
- Date for the Competition : December 11, 2020- December 13, 2020
(NOTE: The organizers reserve the right to alter or change the rules or the procedure of the competition.)
- Any query regarding the competition can sent to [email protected]
- For any further queries and requests for information, the participants may feel free to contact the Organising Committee through the below-mentioned details:
- Mansi Shrivastava – 6265326981
- Ridhi Jindal – 9316436282
- Anjali Raghuwanshi- 9131165696
- Rashi Jain- 8989719223
- Nischita PM- 9148860490
- Sajal Khare- 7737806244
Brochure: CLICK HERE