ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Memorial Drafting Competition- The Legal Amigos is an online academic platform, communicating legal knowledge about contemporary issues. The Legal Amigos works hard to bring Legal aspirant relevant updates, information, opportunities. Through this platform we provide Standard legal content for the law students.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Moot courts have always been a classic part of legal education in India. Almost all the students of law are really passionate towards participating in the moot court competition to enhance their skill and knowledge. However, most of the times in a moot court competition, all the credit is given to the speakers alone and somewhere the importance of a high quality memorial is shadowed. (Memorial Drafting Competition)
Moot court memorials (Memorial Drafting Competition) are one of the most crucial elements of any moot competition and without them, probably no moot court competition would be as brain stimulating as it should be. Thus, to highlight the importance of Moot memorials, The Legal Amigos feels privileged to announce its 1st National Memorial Drafting Competition for the budding law students all over India.
ELIGIBILITY AND TEAM
- The Memorial Drafting Competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school in India.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- Individual participation, participation in a team of two and participation in a team of three is allowed.
- In one team, participants from different universities or schools or colleges are also allowed.
- The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after the registration deadline except in extenuating circumstances and only with permission of the Organizer.
HOW TO REGISTER
- The participating teams can register themselves by filling this Registration Form.
- Registration Fee – There shall be a nominal registration fee of Rs. 250/- for Single participant, Rs. 400/- for the team of two and Rs. 550/- for the team of three. The registration fee shall be non-refundable and non-transferable in any circumstance.
- The participants have to pay the registration fee in the manner herein after provided. (Memorial Drafting Competition)
- The payment screenshot must be attached within the registration form.
- After the successful registration, each participant or team shall be allotted a unique team code for further references.
Registration Link: – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Payment has to be made within the registration form with any UPI App (Paytm/ Phonepe/Google pay etc.)
UPI ID- [email protected]
BANK DETAILS – Name of Account Holder – Anushka Saxena, Account Number – 945010110011964, IFSC Code – BKID0009450, Account Type – Savings
- If you face any problem in making the payment, kindly email us at [email protected] we could suggest some other methods for your convenience.
Last Date of Registration for Memorial Drafting Competition – 15th November, 2020
Memorial Submission – till 30th November, 2020
Release of Clarification – 20th November, 2020
Submission of Memorials (Memorial Drafting Competition)
- Every participant or team registered for the competition would be required to prepare two memorials:
- Memorial on behalf of the Petitioner/Appellant
- Memorial on behalf of the Respondent
- All memorials must be sent on this email id: [email protected] till 11:59 P.M., till 30th November with the Subject of the email as “Memorials of Team Code-ABC”
- Any submission made after the deadline specified shall attract a penalty of deduction of 0.50 marks per hour from the aggregate marks.
- No entry made after 24 hours of the deadline shall be accepted at any cost.
- In case the memorial of two or more participants/teams is found exactly same to each other, both the participants/ teams shall be disqualified.
- All the Memorials must be submitted in both Microsoft Word Document format (.doc/.docx) and PDF Format (.pdf)
- The body of the submissions must be in the font “Times New Roman” with font size 12, heading font size 14, with line spacing of 1.5 and justified.
- The Footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, size 10, single line spacing, justified.
- Each source or authority must be supported by bibliographical information using The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed.)
- The non-adherence of sub-rule i shall attract the penalty of 5 marks
- The non-adherence of sub-rule ii, iii, and iv shall attract the penalty of 1 mark each discrepancy.
Content of the Memorial
- Every memorial shall contain following parts:
- Cover Page (which must contain team code on the top right corner of each memorial, name of forum, jurisdiction, name of parties, submission on behalf of Petitioner/Appellant and Respondent) (The cover page of the memorial for the Petitioner/Appellant shall be blue in Colour and for the respondent it must be read in colour.)
- Table of Contents
- Index of Authorities
- Statement of Jurisdiction
- Statement of Facts
- Issued Raised
- Summary of Arguments
- Arguments Advanced
- The section on Arguments Advanced shall not exceed 20 pages and the overall memorial shall not exceed 30 pages.
- Non-compliance shall result in a penalty of 2 marks for every additional page.
Evaluation of the Memorial
Each memorial shall be evaluated on the following parameters:
|Standard of Evaluation||Marks|
|Knowledge of Law and Facts of the Proposition||20|
|Proper and Articulate Analysis||20|
|Extent and Use of Research||20|
|Clarity and Organization||15|
|Grammar and Style||15|
|Correct format and Citation style||10|
- First Position: Cash Prize: Rs. 1500/- + Certificate of excellence + Free Online Certificate Course+ Online Internship Opportunity.
- Second Position: Cash Prize: Rs 1000/- +Certificate of Excellence + Free Online Certificate Course + Online Internship Opportunity.
- Third Position: Cash Prize: Rs 500/- + Certificate of Merit + 50% off on our Certificate Course + Online Internship Opportunity
- All other participants would be entitled to receive E- participation certificates.
- All queries and clarifications can be sent on [email protected].
- Ms. Anushka Saxena – 9571531938, 9522067432
- Ms. Simran Advani – 7737883154
MOOT PROPOSITION: CLICK HERE
BROCHURE: CLICK HERE