Call for Papers: NyaayShastra Law Review (NLR) Journal is an online bi-annual journal with a summer and winter edition. The Journal revolves around Any Socio-legal Topic and is not strictly restricted to any particular field of law but promotes interdisciplinary research entailing detailed study of law with other disciplines in the contemporary era.
All academicians, Research Scholars, Lawyers, and Law Students can submit original manuscripts of Articles, Book reviews, Case Comments, and Legislative Comments relating to recent development in Law and Legal Studies.
TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS
The NLR Journal invites original, unpublished manuscripts from all academicians, authors, legal professionals and Law students in the following categories:
I. Long Articles (3000-6000 words, Excluding footnotes)
II. Essays/Short Articles (1500-3000 words, Excluding footnotes)
III. Case Notes and Legislative Comments (1200-2500 words)
28th February 2021
None (Publication is free of cost)
I. General Instructions
• Long articles and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
• Up to 2 co-authors are allowed for all categories, except Case Notes and Legislative Comments wherein co-authorship is not permitted.
• All works must be original and unpublished, and must not be pending for review before any other journal. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification for publication in NLR.
• While it is advisable to adhere to the word limits of each category, the journal may be flexible on the word limit depending on the quality of the article.
1. The first page of the manuscript should contain the name of the paper, the name of the authors, and their institutional affiliation followed by a 200-word abstract.
2. The second page should commence with the main body of the manuscript.
3. The name of the authors and their institutional affiliation must be mentioned in the manuscript.
4. The main body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman style, font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in Times New Roman Style, Size 10, with 1.0 line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting.
5. Texts and footnotes should conform to the Bluebook 20th Edition.
All submissions must contain the following:
1. The manuscript in Word format (.doc or .docx) as a mail attachment. PDF/other formats/hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
2. The body of the email must mention
a) Name of the author(s)
b) Contact number
c) Academic year of the course pursued (if applicable),
d) Qualifications (if applicable)
e) Institutional affiliation,
f) Title of the paper
g) The type of submission (Long Article, Essay/Short Article, Case note & Legislative
h) A declaration to the following effect:
“I/we declare that the manuscript is an original and previously unpublished work written by me/us. I/we agree to tackle any dispute relating to my/our manuscript including copyright, defamation or contempt and agree to suffer the loss, if any, caused by violating copyright or any other rights.”
Note: Upon submission, the manuscript shall be the property of NLR Journal. Henceforth, articles accepted for publication may be cross-published/republished. Such cross-publishing/republishing shall not require the prior consent of the author(s).
For detailed guidelines refer here:
How to Submit?
The NLR will only accept submissions through email. These may be emailed to [email protected] under the subject heading ‘NLR Volume 1 Submission’.
All correspondence and queries related to the journal may be addressed to [email protected]