Current affairs quiz today – 08th Jan. 2021.
We recommend that you read the current affairs of 08th Jan. 2021 before taking today’s current affairs quiz. Click here to access it.
#1. Consider the following statements:
1. Real GDP has steadily increased in the last decade.
2. GDP at current market prices has steadily increased in the last decade.
Which of the above is/are correct statements?
ANS: (C) Both 1 and 2
- Real GDP (i.e. GDP at constant market prices) and Nominal GDP (i.e. GDP at current market prices) both have steadily increased in the last decade but the growth rate of Real GDP and Nominal GDP has fluctuated and has not increased steadily in the last decade.
#2. The ‘Section 301’ report is a flagship publication of which of the following?
ANS: (D) United States Trade Representative (USTR)
- The “Special 301” Report is an annual review of the global state of intellectual property (IP) rights protection and enforcement.
#3. The Western dedicated freight corridor passes through which of the following states?
Choose the correct option:
ANS: (C) 2, 4 and 5 only
#4. Project ECHO is associated with
ANS: (D) Healthcare
- Project ECHO is a revolutionary guided-practice model that reduces health disparities in under-served and remote areas of the state, nation, and world.
- Through innovative tele-mentoring, the ECHO model uses a hub-and-spoke knowledge-sharing approach where expert teams lead virtual clinics, amplifying the capacity for providers to deliver best-in-practice care to the underserved in their own communities.
#5. Consider the following statements about the Caracal wild cat:
1. In India, the presence of these cats is restricted to Madhya Pradesh.
2. They are listed as endangered in the IUCN Red List.
Which of the statements given above is/are not correct?
ANS: (D) Neither 1 nor 2
- The Caracal wild cat (Caracal caracal) is a rare species in India. They are slender, medium-sized cats with long powerful legs and tufted ears.
- The black tufted ears of this cat are one of its most distinguishing features.
- It is shy, nocturnal, elusive and difficult to spot in the wild.
- In India, presence of these Cats has been reported from only three states which are Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Rajasthan. Hence, statement 1 is not correct.
- In Gujarat, Caracals are locally referred to as Hornotro which means killer of a Blackbuck.
- In Rajasthan it is known as Junglee Bilao or Wildcat.
- In Madhya Pradesh it is locally called as Shea-gosh or siyah-gush.
- Conservation Status:
- IUCN Red List: Least Concern
- Wildlife Protection Act, 1972: Schedule I
- CITES: Appendix I
- Hence, statement 2 is not correct.
Click here to access quizzes from previous days.