Internship (Competition Law and Policy)
With the mission to be a Centre of Excellence on Regulatory and Competition issues, CUTS Institute for Regulation and Competition (CIRC) primarily focuses on competition policy & law, economic regulation in infrastructure sectors and PPPs, with an objective of reaching out to the target audience in India and other developing countries in Asia and Africa. Its crucial role in research and capacity building in the area of competition policy and law and regulatory reforms has created an intellectual knowledge base. Since its inception, CIRC has been undertaking several trainings, seminars and public lectures on competition policy and law in India and abroad. It also organises international symposia on the political economy of competition and regulation in the developing world and India.
About the internship
An internship programme is offered by CIRC in Competition Law for graduate, pursuing as well as post graduate law students, economists with a relevant understanding of competition law. We shall be offering four internships throughout the course of the year. Interns are expected to dedicate their time, talent and creative skills towards every assignment given to them. In return, interns get learning opportunities and experiences that help them with both academic and professional growth. A supervisor will be assigned to oversee the work of the researcher and will ensure a comprehensive research agenda for the intern for the three months with specified outcome.
Current position-Research Intern
Discipline-Competition Law and Policy
Duration-Two to three months
Location- New Delhi, India
The internship programme involves following:
• Have an opportunity to undertake research methodology training,
• Assist in developing research proposals and presentations for the research team,
• Assisting CIRC teams in on-going research projects,
• Writing research papers on relevant issues on the CIRC website/blog,
• Interactions with experts and academicians at government and independent organisations,
• Active participation in various initiatives and events at CIRC.
Note: All interns shall be required to submit a paper on a related subject of about ten thousand words. CIRC would retain the right to publish these in their publications with due acknowledgment of authorship.
An ideal candidate should:
• be a law graduate or pursuing Masters in Law or a candidate with an experience to work with competition law regulators or an economist with an understanding of competition law dynamics,
• be innovative and practical,
• have strong research aptitude, excellent writing and good communication skills,
• have working proficiency in MS Excel, MS word and power-point presentation etc.,
• should have fluency in English language.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Interested candidates are required to send/email their updated resume, along with a cover letter/ expression of interest, transcripts, two written samples (published or unpublished) and two references, preferably one academic reference. The said can be shared with the HR at CIRC at [email protected]
The application upon receipt will be scrutinised by CIRC. Upon shortlisting the candidates shall be called for a web interview and if successful shall be offered the internship.
Please note that the organisation shall not provide any travel or accommodation assistance, the candidates shall be required to arrange the same personally.
Should you have any questions/queries, please write to [email protected] or reach us at +91-11-40197995
Official Notification: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.