About School of Law, Mahindra University
Mahindra University is a pioneer in its innovative educational systems, transforming teaching and learning to create students who can change the world for a better place. It has made its mark by opening up new areas to help students explore their creative and analytical skills.
Mahindra University’s School of Law is founded on the thought of justice, equality and service to all sections of society. With the changing needs in society, Law has become an important department that requires more focus and thought.
The curriculum offers five years of integrated undergraduate programmes like Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law (BA. LL.B) and Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Law (BBA. LL.B) to cater to varied needs of the profession with distinguished faculty.
Only 60 students are admitted per class which is strictly on a merit basis. This closed student-teacher interaction provides undivided attention for students.
It shares expertise in imparting quality legal education through competent and well-qualified teaching staff, exceptional research culture, development and integration through moot courts in the first year itself and the like.
It provides a plethora of opportunities to its students which help them to nurture their talents as well as hone their skills thereby making them one of the best in the world.
It is enclosed with state of art infrastructure catering to every need and requirement of its students. Located in Bahadurpally away from the hustle and bustle of the city, the 130 acres of sprawling green campus provides students with all kinds of amenities.
The school of Law aspires to send its students to various corporate houses, judiciary and leading law firms at the end of its 5 years integrated course.
About the Webinar
The School of Law, Mahindra University, is organizing a webinar on “Privacy as a Constitutional Tort”. The webinar session will be hosted by an internationally recognized expert on the law, a member of Amnesty International’s Advisory Panel on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, and a renowned guest professor at many global universities- Dr. Usha Ramanathan.
Privacy | Torts | Constitutional Law
Concept Note | “Privacy as a Constitutional Tort”
“Gradually the scope of legal rights broadened; and now the right to life has come to mean the right to enjoy life – the right to be let alone.”
– Louis Brandeis, J. (1890)
Privacy as a notion embraces multiple interpretations. It can be claimed by anyone in different contexts against people, society, and the state. In India, the right to privacy is implicit in the right to life and guaranteed to the citizens of this country under Article 21 of the Indian Constitution. The understanding of privacy as a constitutional tort essentially opens the window for holding the state accountable for the actions which result in breaching the privacy of an individual. But, interpretation of privacy is still a grey area in India and there is a long way to go before these concepts are well-settled and adequately framed.
October 21, 2021 (2:30 pm – 4:30 pm)
About the Speaker
Dr. Usha Ramanathan
Dr. Usha Ramanathan is a globally renowned Indian expert on law and poverty. She is a frequent adviser to non-governmental organizations, international organizations and a member of Amnesty International’s Advisory Panel on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. Her research interests include human rights, displacement, torts, and the environment. Further, she has numerous publications in India and abroad. In particular, she has devoted her attention to a number of specific issues such as the Bhopal gas disaster, the Narmada valley dams, or slum eviction in Delhi.
open to all
Shruti Kakkar – [email protected]
Official Link/ original URL: CLICK HERE
- One-Week Multidisciplinary Workshop on “Interfaith and International Humanitarian Law” By Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH), RGNUL: Register Now!
- One-Day Online Lecture on ‘How the Law and Legal System in India has Failed to Deliver Justice” By Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH), RGNUL: Register Now!
- Webinar Series On “Contemporary Developments In Human Rights” Conducted By ILPS NLUO In Collab With HRLN: Register Now!
- Public Discussion on “Corporate Classics: A Roadmap ” by Samvaad: The Discussion Forum: Register Now!
- Essay Writing Competition – by Centre for Advanced Study in Criminal Law at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab: Submit Now!
- 4 Days Online Workshop on “IPR Drafting in India” by World Cyber Security Forum (WCSF): Register by October 13!
- 12th National Moot Court Competition, 2021 (Virtual) by School of Law, Christ University: Register by October 17!
- Mediation and Client Counselling Competition 2021 by ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad: Register by October 15!
- Padma Vibhushan N. A. Palkhivala Memorial National Moot Court (Virtual) Competition, 2021 by MNLU Mumbai: Register by October 15!
- Call for Papers | Indonesian Journal of Law and Society Volume 3 Issue 1 (March 2022): Submit by December 10!
- Webinar on “Understanding due diligence process in IPR” by Vidhi Parivartan: Apply Now!
- LedX Debate Competition: Register by Oct 10!
- 7th Prof. N. R. Madhava Menon Asian Jural Conclave, 2021-22 by Lloyd Law College: Register by Oct 20!
- Online Legal Quiz Competition on “India After Independence” by Lex Repository: Register by Oct 15!
- Online Legal Quiz Competition 2021 by Lex Repository: Register by Oct 15!
- Webinar on “Tips for Drafting Legal Resume & Cover Letter” by Law Gardner : Oct 8!
- 1st National MS Rathi Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2021 by LatestLaws.com X Indian Dispute Resolution Centre: Register by Oct 25!
- National Conference by CCCL, Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad: Submit by Oct 18!
- National Discussion On ‘Challenges In Online Contracts: An International Perspective” by CCCL, Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad: Register by Oct 11!
- Justice N. Santosh Hegde National Moot Court Competition (Online 29th-30th Oct 2021) by Alliance University: Register by Oct 20!
- Online National Level Legal Quiz Competition by Maharaja Agrasen School of Law: Register by Oct 15!
- Two Days Professional Workshop Cum Capsule Course on The Basics of Trademark & Patent by IJALR: Register by Oct 9!
- Call For Blogs| NLUO’s CPAJ Newsletter: Submit by Nov 28!
- Vidhi Parivartan’s Webinar On “Career And Future Prospects In Cyber Law In India”: Oct 3
- Webinar on “Traditional Knowledge as Intellectual Property: Opportunities and Challenges at the International Level” by Microsoft- IPR Chair-GNLU and DPIIT IPR Chair-GNLU: Oct 13
- Online Lecture on “Historical Survey of Child Rights Law in India” by Centre For Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL in collaboration with Internal Quality Assurance Cell, RGNUL: Oct 02
- Call for Papers | Volume II of the NLIU Journal for Labour and Employment Law (JLEL) | Centre for Labour Law (CLL) at the National Law Institute University, Bhopal: Submit by Oct 31
- 7th National Client Consultation Competition by School Of Law, The Northcap University: Register by Oct 12!
- MAIMS 2nd National Moot Court Competition, 2021 [November 26th -28th]: Register by 25th October 2021
- Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) – Patent & Designs process by School of Law Navrachana University X NIIPM Nagpur: October 9
- MediateGuru Mediation School – Batch 1 starts on 13th November 2021: Register by Nov 10!
- National Online Quiz Competition “Know Your Forces” by UILS, Panjab University: Register by October 5!
- Student of The Year (Chapter 2) by LawInternships (No Registration Fee): Register by October 24!
- Webinar on “Collective Administration of Copyright in India” by the DPIIT-IPR Chair & IQAC Cell of NLUJAA: September 27
- Third National IPR Online Quiz Competition by DSNLU: Register by Oct 19!
- IInd Edition of Virtual Model United Nations by University Law College, Bangalore from 8th – 10th October 2021: Register Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.