Corporate Counsel – Digital Video at Amazon India
We (Amazon) are looking for a talented Corporate Counsel to support our rapidly evolving and expanding digital video and content business. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily job. Like everyone at Amazon, we are passionate about our customers.
You will serve as a lawyer responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of commercial, licensing, technology and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. You will also handle legal aspects of content acquisition, and you will be responsible for all related legal matters including evaluating rights issues, confirming chain of title and handling clearance matters, standards and practices review, promotion and publicity issues, and working with other departments like marketing, policy, etc.
You will work directly with the business, serving as counsel on strategic deals, helping launch new products and services, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. (Amazon)
Principal duties include providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media, acquisition of content, regulatory compliance and structuring, drafting and negotiating complicated licensing, technology, development, production, distribution, marketing and other commercial agreements. The role would also require counseling business on relevant legal developments.
The position is based in Mumbai. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
Throughout all the above tasks, you will closely coordinate with local and global legal teams and outside counsel. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enjoy being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
· LL.B. (undergraduate law degree) from a top tier university in India.
· A minimum of 8+ years of legal experience, with several years of experience at a leading global law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation in commercial / licensing transactions and intellectual property issues.
· High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness but also a desire to be challenged and think outside the box.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization.
· A team player and consensus builder with great people skills who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization.
· Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
· Outstanding legal and business judgment especially in ambiguous situations.
· Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
· In-house experience in the media space with a reputed MNC in content related transactions and intellectual property issues.
· Knowledge / experience in policy and regulatory issues.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
How to Apply?
Official Notification: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.