About Amity Law School:
Amity Law School Noida, (ALSN) an institution of Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, not only focuses on the legal aptitude but also on the practicality, while enlightening the students on the intricacies of law. It is fully geared to provide its students with an innovative and stimulating exposure. The high standards of legal education integrate their legal concepts with an incisive and practical understanding of law. The courses here develop the general skills and core competencies essential for legal education. The focus is on the development of the capacity to analyze and reason, oral and written communication, knowledge application, intellectual curiosity and professional integrity. Amity Law School Noida has been organizing various National and International Mooting competitions, quizzes, debates to encourage the students to develop their interest towards law as a whole.
About the ADR tournament:
The ADR Society of Amity Law School Noida is pleased to announce the 4th edition of the prestigious Amity National Alternative Dispute Redressal Tournament 2021 (Virtual), scheduled on 13th March 2021 and 14th March 2021. This ADR tournament would be a great opportunity for all law students (Currently pursuing a five-year integrated course, three-year LLB or LLM) across the country.
This ADR tournament is of great importance in the present scenario as in India there is a legal regime regulating Arbitration & Conciliation and it will help simulate transactional negotiations or mediation, as it involves diverse areas of law, including environmental, intellectual property, family law etc. It is a 2- day event which will consist of three sub-events namely Mediation Arbitration, Negotiation and Client Counseling. ADR encourages litigants to negotiate directly with each other prior to some other legal process that are very much like a courtroom process. It is an upcoming law arena devoted to preparing a generation of law professionals capable of facing future demands confidently.
It is a unique initiative and one of the best avenues worldwide where students can experience a medley of dispute resolution activities simultaneously. The main event comprised three sub- events which gives more subject specific and efficient control over the event and stipulated the knowledge station effectively.
The brief of the ADR tournament events are as follows:
The Mediation Arbitration Competition
It is a hybrid of Mediation and Arbitration. Each team will consist of 2 participants. Neutral party is adopted for mediation and if failed the party must go for Arbitration.
Each team will consist of 2 participants one will be the attorney and the other being the client, who will negotiate the differing party in the most adept manner.
Client Counseling Competition
Each team shall consist of 2 members. The Competition simulates a law office consultation in which two law students, acting as lawyers are presented with a hypothetical dispute brought before them by a Client-actor.
Subject Matter of the Competition
- Civil Law
- Contract Law
- Constitutional Law
- Consumer Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Family Law
- Environmental Laws
- Property Law
- Company Law
- Any Other Ancillary Laws.
(Note: The subject area is not limited to the above-mentioned domain of law)
- It is mandatory for each college team to take part in all 3 above mentioned events to be eligible for the ADR Tournament Prize.
- Maximum two teams from each college are allowed to participate in each event.
- The participants shall be students from any year/semester of the three or five-year LLB course or LLM from any Law Institute recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- The registration fee is Rs.1200/- for each participant.
- It is mandatory for each team to fill the Each Event’s Registration Form.
- Negotiation simulations should be sent to the given email address with the subject “Negotiation stimulation by: Team Code-**” on the specified dates. Email Address: – adrsocietyalsn[at]gmail.com
- For any query Subject of the email to be sent will be “4th Amity National ADR Tournament Query” along with the details of their respective colleges.
- Mode of Payment will be online. Details will be out shortly.
- The participants shall have the copy of Negotiation Simulations saved on their systems at the time of event, so as to share it if required.
- The competition is capped to the participation of 40 institutes across the nation. The Registration will be accepted on first-cum-first-serve basis.
|Last Date to fill the online Registration form (Google Form)||12th February 2021|
|Release of Negotiation Problem for Preliminary Round||26th February 2021|
|Last date to seek clarification with respect to the Released Problem||28th February 2021|
|Release of Clarifications of Negotiation Problem||3rd March 2021|
|Last date for submission of the Negotiation Simulation (Softcopy)||10th March 2021|
Ms. Priyanka: +91 9315363885
Dr. Sumitra Singh: +91 9560839415
Khuloos Aziz Chawla
For any other query, Contact:
Click here to download:
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.