About Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL)
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab,to fulfill the need for a Centre of excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and = liberalization. The University acquired
approval of the Bar Council of India (BCI) in July 2006.
RGNUL Moot Court Commitee
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab has always envisioned serving the society through reforms in legal services by way of preparing professionally competent lawyers. The current moot was a complete reflection of the motto of our university which is ‘knowledge empowers’. Mooting is always an integral part of a law student’s life, and thus, finds a very regular mention at our university. To further the mooting culture of our university and to provide the participants with a platform to showcase their advocacy, the University organizes various moot court competitions.
The RGNUL Moot Court Committee is one of the leading and most active committees here at RGNUL, the significance of the committee is immense. The committee has been known for organizing various moots and related activities aimed at promoting a positive sense of mooting culture. ‘The committee also facilitates the allotment of various national and international moot court competitions to the teams who proudly represent
RGNUL in these competitions.
10th RGNUL NATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION
The RGNUL Moot Court Committee is tremendously honored to inform you that in April 2022, we will be organizing the 10th edition of RGNUL National Moot Court competition. This edition’s moot proposition has been drafted to test the knowledge, research aptitude and application of law by the participants on various aspects of Criminal Law.
The moot shall be organized on-campus(offline) from the Ist-3rd of April. However, the organizers reserve the right to switch to online/virtual mode subject to COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines issued by the Government of India. The participants will be notified beforehand in case of any modification in the mode of conduction of the Competition.
The registration for the moot shall open on 4th of January, 2022. A total of 36 slots are available for the moot, meaning thereby that the registration for the moot shall take place on a first-come-first-serve basis. The interested teams are requested to get their Universities provisionally registered via a mail from the official email id of their MCC/MCA. Upon receiving the acknowledgment of the provisional registration, participants are requested to follow the procedure given in the Rules for final registration. The Registration fee for the moot is INR 6,000/-. In case the Competition is conducted in Virtual mode, the registration fees to be paid shall stand at INR 3,500/-. If such a situation arises, the remaining balance will be refunded by the organizers to the concerned teams within a reasonable period of time.
Release of Moot Proposition: First week of January, 2022
Date of release of Registration Link : 4th January, 2022
Last Date of Registration : 30th January, 2022 (11:59 PM)
Last date for seeking clarification : 1st February, 2022 (11:59PM)
Release of Clarifications : 6th February, 2022
Last Date for submission of Written Submission/Memorial (Soft Copy) : 20th March, 2022 (11:59 PM)
Inaugural Ceremony, Draw of Lots and Exchange of Memorials: 1st April, 2022
Researcher’s Test : 1st April 2022
Dates of the Oral Rounds : 2nd & 3rd April, 2022
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- 18th National Moot Court Competition KSHAN 2023 by Raisoni Law College: Register by Jan 15!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 5th Shri. Hashuji Advani Memorial National Moot Court Competition 2022-23 by VES College of Law: Register by Dec 25!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- 7th National Moot on Constitutional Law by Law College Dehradun [Feb 24-26; Prizes Worth Rs. 1 L]: Register Now!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Moot Court Competition by DNLU in association with NHRC [Feb 10-12, 2023; Prizes worth Rs.1.3 lakhs]: Register by Dec 18!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- 5th Surana & Surana and UILS National Moot Court Competition: Register by Dec 30!
Join Kanooniyat’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also, check us out on Instagram and LinkedIn
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.