ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Paper Presentation Competition (Hereinafter, referred to as, “The Competition”) is a two- day event organized by the RGNUL’s CCLG, a legal research committee functioning under RGNUL in collaboration with Think India to be held on 30th April, 2021.
The Organizing Committee of 1st CCLG Contemporary Constitutionalism Paper Presentation Competition hereby invites original abstracts of Research Papers and Case Studies on the following themes for presentation at the Paper Presentation Conclave and publication in a book with an International Standard Book Number (ISBN):
BROAD THEMES FOR PAPER SUBMISSIONS:
- The Citizenship Act, 1955; Citizenship Amendment Act 2019, NRC, Assam Accord, Cross border infiltration.
- Freedom of Speech and Expression; in context of the Constitution of India, IPC, Contempt of Courts Act 1971 etc.
- Uniform Civil Code.
- Regulation of Social media Intermediaries; Regulation of OTT platforms.
- Article 370 & 35A.
- Right to privacy; Data protection laws.
- One Nation, One Election.
- Electoral Bonds.
- The Ayodhya Verdict.
- Freedom of Religion and laws pertaining to Love Jihad.
- National Education Policy, 2020.
- Reservation in Education and Jobs in Private Sector; Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS); Capping of Reservation at 50% in Private and Public Sectors.
Any other contemporary issue, related to, the Constitution, Public Policy and Governance.
- The submission is open to all law students, research scholars, teachers and professionals.
- Co-authorship shall be permitted to the extent of two co-authors. (However, all authors must register separately as delegates for the conclave.)
For the Full Paper (to be submitted and presented during the Conclave)
- Each Manuscript should be accompanied by an Abstract which should be no more than 250-400 words, and should clearly explain the objective of the paper and delimit the scope of the same.
- The Abstract should be accompanied by 3-5 relevant keywords.
- The total number of words contained in the paper, excluding footnotes and abstracts and bibliography must range between 4500-7500 words.
- Text Formatting of the Main Body– Times New Roman, font size 12, double spacing, justified, with a margin of 0.64 cm on all sides.
- Footnotes – Times New Roman, font size 10. Substantive footnotes are accepted.
- Citation method – Harvard Bluebook (21st Edition)
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx format.
- Bibliographies or Reference Lists albeit welcome, but not necessary.
- Each submission must be accompanied by a short description of the author(s).
- The Editorial Board will follow a transparent and anonymous Double-Blind Peer-Review policy for adjudging the submissions.
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject any paper on the condition that it does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third parties and that the work does not contain any obscene, offensive, defamatory, or racially prejudiced material and whose content is offensive or defamatory, explicitly unethical or if it supports racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal activities or terrorism; similarly, an article may be refused if the Editorial Board deems that it might harm the political or religious sentiments of interested readers in any manner.
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to disqualify the paper on account of plagiarism.
- The research paper should not infringe the copyright or any other right of a third party, if so, the CCLG Contemporary Constitutionalism Paper Presentation Competition Organizing Committee disclaims any responsibility for copyright violation or any other liability.
- The research paper shall be considered the property of CCLG Contemporary Constitutionalism Paper Presentation Competition Organizing Committee, which reserves the right of publication of the same in any book or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate, without providing any royalty or compensation.
- The editorial board reserves the right to vary, repeal, alter any of the rules, if as required, as it deems appropriate.
- The Final Manuscript must be uploaded at here by 28th April 2021, 11.59 PM.
REWARDS AND PRIZES
- The rewards would include cash prizes/books for the top three papers and a Certificate of Publication for the top 25 participants.
- The top 25 papers would get published into an e-book with an ISBN. A Certificate of Publication will be issued to the contributor(s) whose Research Paper(s)/Case Study(ies) is/are selected for publication in the book.
- A Certificate of Participation shall be issued to all the participants.
- Registration for 1st CCLG Contemporary Constitutionalism Paper Presentation Competition is mandatory for participation in this competition. Register here
- The Last Date to register shall be 25th April, 2021.
- Types of Manuscripts Accepted: Research Articles, Literary Review, Exploratory/Original Research, Case Study, Descriptive, Commentary or a mix of various types.
- The Editorial Board will provide detailed comments to the author(s) in case their paper needs revision or improvement.
The paper can be presented through any of the two methods:
- Power Point Presentation: The paper can be presented through a PowerPoint presentation. It must not contain more than 15 slides.
- Video Presentation: The paper can be presented through a high-definition video.
Note: Discussion on every presentation will be facilitated during the conclave.
- Selected presented papers will be published free of cost in a book having an ISBN.
- Non-presented papers will not be considered for publication.
|Release of Notification||=||29th March 2021|
|Commencement of Registration||=||30th March 2021|
|Closure of Registration Form||=||20th April 2021|
|Last Day of Final Paper Submission||=||28th April 2021|
|Paper Presentation||=||30th April 2021|
|Selection of Paper for Publication||=||1st Week of July 2021|
For queries, please write to [email protected]
You may also contact: Varun Dutta (+91 9816459135), Mridull Thaplu (+91-9086345345)
Brochure: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.