Call for Papers: International Conference (Sixth Virtual) on Right to Health and Impact of Covid-19 on Indian Health Care System [June 19]: Submit by May 28th.
About the Organization
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal is published continuously since 1977. The College, affiliated to the University of Kerala, offers Undergraduate programs in BA LL.B. and B. Com LL.B. five-year integrated courses, LLB Unitary three-year course and Post-Graduate courses of LL.M (Administrative Law), LL.M (International Law) and MBL (Master of Business Law). Its sister concern, CALSAR offers Research Program in Law (PhD).
About the Conference
Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and
Research (CALSAR) is organizing a One Day International Conference on Right to Health and Impact of Covid-19 on Indian Health Care System, via virtual mode on 19th June 2021 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The Conference is conducted through online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
Ms. Salona Lutchman (Senior Lecturer in the Department of Public Law at the University of Cape Town) will be the Chief Guest of the International Conference.
Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, Social Workers, Policy Makers, and Officials from various Departments- Representatives from Institutions and Professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social Science Researchers and Faculty and Research Scholars. The Research Articles received would be published in Proceedings with ISBN.
1. Right to Health of Women and Child during Covid scenario.
2. Mental Health during Covid-19.
3. Public Health Care System and need for Development.
4. Impact of Covid-19 on Informal and Migrant Workers.
5. Right to Free Vaccination.
6. State’s obligation to regulate Private Medical Institutions and Pharmaceutical Companies during a Pandemic.
7. Covid-19 and increasing threat to Human Rights.
8. Covid-19 and its impact on Senior Citizens.
9. Education during Covid-19 and its impact on Mental Health among Teenagers.
10. Domestic violence, Covid-19 and its impact on Physical and Mental health.
11. Medical Negligence during the Covid-19 and its influence on Professional Ethics.
12. The Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 its limitations, recommendations to improve.
13. International Legal Framework with regard to Right to Health in view of Covid-19.
14. Comparative Analysis of the strategies adopted by different nations to fight against Pandemic.
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to above mentioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 28th May 2021 by e-mail to: [email protected]
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with the title of Conference. The papers must be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, not exceeding 2500 words including Title, details of the Author/s and Footnotes. Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (20th ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- An Abstract not exceeding 250 words shall be submitted for consideration. The Abstract shall contain the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference materials and Conclusion indicating author’s perspective. The abstract must be mailed to [email protected] on or before 28th May 2021. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/ Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address; Contact Number
- The Submission should be in WORD FORMAT.
- The Papers shall be screened by a Committee. The Full Papers (2500 words) approved by the Committee shall be accepted for presentation in the Conference. The intimation of selection will be made through E-mail.
- The final paper should contain a cover page which includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, E-mail id and Contact number. Authors are to give details in the Full Paper.
- Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the Conference will be English and presentations shall be done in English.
- Submissions should be made by the author who will attend the Conference.
- Co-Authorship is allowed but limited to one Co-Author only.
- Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The Organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria.
- Publishing Charges if any demanded for the journal is to be paid by the author.
Submission of Abstracts: 28th May, 2021.
Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 30th May, 2021.
Submission of Full paper: 8th June, 2021.
Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 10th of June, 2021.
Date of payment of Registration fee: 13th of June, 2021.
International Conference: 19th of June, 2021.
There is a Registration fee of Rs.750/- per participant (Additional fee of Rs.250/- should be paid in the case of maximum one Co-Author).
The Participant’s intending to participate must register on or before 13th June 2021(13/06/2021) by submitting the duly filled pro forma provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (link) and making an online payment of Rs.750/- ( In the case of coauthor Rs.1000/-) as the registration fee, through the online link provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (https://keralalawacademy.in/wp/).
All the Participants will be awarded with an E-certificate of presentation.
1. Mrs. SALINI A P (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) -7012480983
Faculty Co- Conveners
- Dr. DAKSHINA SARASWATHY (General Secretary MCS and Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) – 9744169215.
- Mrs. PRAJITHA PG (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy)- 7994561860.
- Mrs. VIDHYA VV (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) -7907838598.
AJAY Y – 9746525734 SRUTHI KANNAN – 8921194385
HRISHIKESH JAYASARMAN- 7025263839 NANDAKISHORE A – 9567604290
ARJUN PM – 9074918354 GOPIKA SASI – 9495820263
DARSANA VIKRAM – 9745448409 SREEDURGA – 9400186527
ASHIQ MUHAMMAD M – 9567627006 ABHIRAMI S – 8921955648
For more details visit The Kerala Law Academy website (CLICK HERE)
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.