About Project 39A
Project 39A draws inspiration from Article 39-A in the Indian Constitution on equal justice and signals the broadening of our work on the criminal justice system in India. We undertake litigation, research and outreach relating to forensics, torture, legal aid, forensic psychiatry and the death penalty (for more information on Project 39A, click here.
- Contribute to developing and implementing Project 39A’s research projects.
- Undertake fieldwork for the purposes of the respective project.
- Engage with various central and state agencies involved in the administration of the Indian criminal justice system.
- Collate, analyse and publish findings of the research.
- Present the work of P39A at appropriate fora.
- Participate in and contribute to the overall work at Project 39A.
- Undertake administrative or any other work that may be necessary to further the aims of Project 39A.
- Graduate with a degree in law and 0-2 years experience.
- Familiarity with criminal law and the Indian criminal justice system is a strong requirement.
- Apart from English, proficiency in at least one Indian language is mandatory.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be as per the prevalent standards.
Interested persons may send their résumé and a brief statement outlining the likely contributions to our work. The statement of purpose must not exceed 750 words.
The resume and statement of purpose has to be sent by filling the form in the link
https://www.project39a.com/consultant-research and attaching the relevant documents.
Applications must reach us no later than midnight of May 29, 2021. Applications received after this date will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates shall be informed about the next round in the selection process via email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the deadline, please assume that your application has not succeeded. Unfortunately, we will not be able to reply to individual queries about the status of applications.
- National Law University, Delhi is an equal opportunity employer and Project 39A ensures access to legal representation for prisoners regardless of the offence.
- National Law University, Delhi reserves the right to conduct interviews and not fill this position, vary the number of positions vacant for this call and conduct additional rounds of interviews or written assessments.
- Selection interviews will be conducted online.
- The position shall be paid under the grants received by Project 39A, National Law University, Delhi.
Read the official notification here
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.