Pfizer Inc. is an American multinational pharmaceutical corporation headquartered on 42nd Street in Manhattan, New York City. The name of the company commemorates its co-founder, Charles Pfizer. Pfizer develops and produces medicines and vaccines for immunology, oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, and neurology.
About Pfizer One Young World Scholarship
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted all aspects of people’s lives in a way never seen before. In the face of the pandemic, young people have demonstrated their motivation and capacity to meet local and global health challenges. Whether by caring for patients on the frontlines, providing health awareness & education to their communities or supporting vulnerable populations, young leaders have been essential to the world’s response to this unprecedented crisis.
The Pfizer One Young World Scholarship has been established to recognise the outstanding actions of young people to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on society.
50 scholars will receive digital access to the One Young World Summit 2021 from 22 – 25 July. In addition, scholars will join the One Young World Ambassador community, a network of 12,000+ changemakers in more than 190 countries.
This scholarship is intended for young leaders who have demonstrated impact in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and advancing health education and access.
Who should apply?
This scholarship is intended for young leaders aged 18 – 30* who have demonstrated impact in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and/or advancing health education and access. Relevant impact includes:
- Providing healthcare to COVID-19 patients.
- Raising awareness of COVID-19 risks and contributing to community safety.
- Advocating for public policies which protect vulnerable populations and advance health equity.
- Digital solutions to enhance access education and access to healthcare.
- Initiatives that combat the secondary impacts of the pandemic e.g. responding to increases in unemployment.
The scholarship welcomes applications from candidates from a variety of professional backgrounds including; healthcare practitioners, social entreprenuers, entrepreneurs, charity leaders, academics and community activists.
In addition to these criteria, successful candidates will demonstrate a willingness to engage with Pfizer professionals.
Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
What does the scholarship provide?
- Digital access to the One Young World Summit 2021 from 22 to 25 July 2021.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
- Participation in unique sessions including meetings with Pfizer executives.
Submit the application form below before 10:00am BST on 15 June 2021.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are strongly encouraged.
Pfizer One Young World Scholarship official website: Click here
- WILPF Women, Peace and Security Fellowship: Apply Now
- Conference and Call for Papers: “Social and Scientific Uncertainties in Environmental Law” by Bournemouth University: Submit Abstract by May 31, 2021
- Call for Titles and Abstracts: 100 Years of the Infanticide Act: Legacy and Impact; Submit Abstract by May 31, 2021
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation.