Call For Submissions
Dr.Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, was established by an Act of Govt. of Uttar Pradesh in 2005, U.P. Act No.28 of 2005 and came into being on 4th of January 2006 to meet up the new challenges in legal field and to strengthen the vision that was given by the establishment of first National Law School of the country. Originally incorporated as ‘Dr.Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law Institute, Uttar Pradesh’ word ‘Institute’ was substituted by the ‘University’ later, vide an amendment in the Act in November 2006.This was done to give a comprehensive national character to the Institute on lines with the other premier National Law Universities of the Country.
The University, which is getting liberal grants from the State Government, is committed to provide excellent infrastructural facilities and environment to advance and disseminate learning and knowledge of law and legal process and to develop in the students and research scholars a sense of responsibilities to serve the society in the field of law by developing skills in advocacy, judicial and other legal services and legislation and the like. The present law has to meet the requirements of the society, which is entering into 21st Century. Law has to deal with problems of diverse magnitudes and a student of law and an Advocate has to be trained in Professional skills to meet the challenges of globalization and universalization of law. With the advent of multinationals in India as anywhere else, the task of lawyers would be highly technical and an imperative need would arise to have competent lawyers who would be trained in the right culture of Legal Education. This makes a sound case for introducing reforms in Legal Education, and we at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University aim at all these aspects.
About RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog
the broad mandate of the Kautilya Society at RMLNLU includes:
- Conducting legal research to identify gaps in law, policy, governance or regulation (including issues pertaining to state governance). This could take the form of providing comments on any proposed legislation or policy or producing an independent research report.
- Hosting events in relation to legislative drafting or other issues which require the attention of policymakers
- Hosting talks/discussions in relation to recent legal policy developments;
The RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog invites guest submissions from policy experts, academicians , researchers lawyers and students on a rolling basis throughout the calendar year.
Format and Guidelines
Authors are expected to adhere to the following guidelines.
- Submissions should contain content that is both unpublished and original. Plagiarism is highly discouraged. if the author wishes to get an article cross published, after the original publication has been done at this blog they can only do so upon the discretion of the editorial board and not before 48 hours of the original publication.
- Submissions should be made in Microsoft Word Format.
- Submissions should be between 600-1200 words. If the submission is beyond 1200 words, it will not be considered.
- The author can choose to submit their photograph and bio with the submission.
- Submissions on critique of Policy, Impact Assessments, and Intersectionality of law and policy are encouraged. Submissions can be comparative in nature as well
- If you are interested in submitting a piece, kindly mail us at ‘[email protected]‘ with the subject line: ‘Submission’.
For any queries contact [email protected]
Should you do an LL.M abroad? How can it help your career?
What Universities can you apply to? How to get a job abroad? Is pursuing LL.M a good fit for your career? What scholarships you can apply for?
Get answers for these and many more in this Free online 3-Day Bootcamp by LawSikho to be held on 28th to 30th August, 6 to 9 PM
Details here – Click Here.
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.