Call For Submissions
About Indian Diplomacy Summit (IDS)
Indian Diplomacy Summit, fondly known as IDS, was started by us as we wanted to create a platform for the upcoming youth. After participating in several MUNs throughout our school life, it became a dream to start our very own MUN. We wanted to create an opportunity for the youth, where they could experience a certain status and stature through inclusivity and infinite knowledge. It took us time and effort but with the support of friends and a small team, we successfully organised our first conference in 2018 and then another in 2019. We have tried to build a solid organisation where the youth can express themselves and enforce their political and social rights. Our aim has always been to provide a dais to the youth so that they can contribute and volunteer for various international and national social causes by doing their bit for society. Our philosophy is based on 4 piers- quality excellence, momentous innovation and ideas, contemporary culture and miscellany, and a value-based approach. By strengthening the three pillars of the United Nations – security, development and human rights – we believe that we can build a more peaceful, more prosperous and sustainable world for our succeeding generations.
Amidst our plans to grow and evolve, we were faced with an unexpected situation in the form of the pandemic. However, the pandemic made us realise that with the havoc that the virus had created, it was absolutely essential that the youth needed to be involved to create a strong influence and bring a wave of optimism amongst all the disruptions in the society. We decided that we needed to diversify our organisation and cater to changes happening around us.
IDS, which started out as a passion and a dream of having our own MUN evolved into something that went deeper. We wanted to do something that would create a space to expand more and concentrate on aspects like education and awareness of the surroundings. We have decided to lend our support to the United Nations by working towards the SDGs introduced by them and we hope to contribute positively to achieving them with all the power and resources we possess.
About The Social Network – Article Writing Competition
IDS is proud to present “The Social Network” in partnership with “Teach for India”. This initiative is
a bridge that connects the youth to various social causes that surround us. Aligning with our
organization’s motto, this project aims at creating knowledge and awareness amongst the youth, of
the persisting societal issues utilizing dialogue, deliberation, and resolution. Our goal is to collaborate
with a non-profit organization that is actively working on one of the 17 Sustainable Development
Goals of the United Nations and helps them achieve their objectives with the help of our youth’s
This project will take place in the form of an article writing competition spanning over 3 months. As we
know, the pandemic has disrupted the education system for children. It is high time for the youth to
come up with resolutions that will help overcome or leverage the impact of the pandemic. Hence, this
year we are targeting Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Quality Education.
Theme: Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Quality Education
- Interpreting the role of teachers in building safe and inclusive learning spaces for children.
- Strengthening the public education system in post-pandemic India.
- Inclusion of climate change education in the Indian academic curriculum.
15 – 25 years
- Our proud partner Teach for India has provided the participants with a theme and a set of topics revolving around SDG 4 and their own set of objectives. Participants need to choose any one topic based on which they shall arrive at a feasible set of resolutions.
- This set of resolutions will be presented in the form of a well-researched article whose format is provided at the end of this page, with a clear set of rules and guidelines. Participants would need to make sure that their proposal is practical, viable, and aligns with SDG 4 and Teach for India’s objectives. The participants who will successfully build an effective resolution according to the guidelines will be announced as winners.
- Go through the eligibility criteria mentioned. Research, brainstorm, and arrive at a set of solutions that could help Teach For India achieve its objectives in a significant manner.
- Register for this competition by sharing the required details through the link below.
- Submit your article via email to [email protected] by 6 th October 2021 (11:59 pm).
- Refer to the document attached below, to get a clear understanding of the format and guidelines to get started with your article. For further queries, email us at here.
Format and Guidelines
click here for more info.
Fee Details: INR 100
Winner – INR 1,500, 1 st Runner Up – INR 1,000, 2 nd Runner Up – INR 500
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity for all authors to publish their opinions on reputed platforms and ideate
solutions for the persisting issues surrounding children’s education in India.
- All the authors get a digital certificate and a token of appreciation issued by IDS, mentioning
the title partner ‘Teach for India’ and prestigious collaborators, along with volunteering
- The winner and two runners-up shall be awarded cash prizes, exclusive gift vouchers, and
exciting opportunities from our esteemed collaborators.
- The winner and two runners-up shall be getting an internship opportunity with IDS Mumbai or
with the fellow collaborators of this project and additional benefits provided by them.
- 10 honorable mentions shall be given to authors who will get a chance to publish their articles
on our website and get a shout-out on our social media platforms.
Registration closes – 20th September 2021
Submission deadline – 6th October 2021
Official Notification here.
Should you do an LL.M abroad? How can it help your career?
What Universities can you apply to? How to get a job abroad? Is pursuing LL.M a good fit for your career? What scholarships you can apply for?
Get answers for these and many more in this Free online 3-Day Bootcamp by LawSikho to be held on 28th to 30th August, 6 to 9 PM
Details here – Click Here.
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.