The University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), is organizing an International Virtual Moot Court Competition 2021, to be held online on September 2-4, 2021
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER
Approved by the Bar Council of India, the University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) is reckoned as one of the best Law colleges in Punjab and is a distinguished center for legal research & teaching. They craft passionate legal professionals of tomorrow who can critically understand and evaluate the need of the hour, irrespective of the evolving challenges. Serving the students with an intensive and industry-aligned curriculum, UILS imparts requisite domain-specific skills and ethical values.
ABOUT THE MOOT
The Chandigarh University International Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2021 is being organized with an intention to give a new experience of learning and development to the budding lawyers in the field of law, research, writing, and advocacy by granting them exposure at the international level.
The aim is to grant the participants an opportunity to enhance their knowledge of the emerging trends of International Law along with honing their communication skills which is one of the important attributes of a good lawyer. The Competition shall not only enable the student to grow in the field of knowledge but will be an endeavor for the participants to enroute the road of professionalism.
The valuable feedback from the learned Academicians, Professional Lawyers, and Honourable Judges of High Courts will provide them golden points to be used in the journey of the law profession as an advocate as well as a judge. It further aims to facilitate analyze the evolution of existing International Law in relation to the emerging new laws with the advent of technology and development.
The Competition will be open for the students who are pursuing LL. B, three years or five years course during the current academic year from any recognized Law School/College or University.
- Date: September, 2 to September 4, 2021
- Mode: Online Meeting Platform
- Each team shall consist of a minimum of two (2) members and maximum of three (3) members. Teams comprising of two members shall only have two (2) speakers and teams comprising of three members shall have two (2) speakers one (1) researcher.
- The researcher may be permitted to argue due to illness of the designated speaker.
- Each team will be allocated a team code after the registration and prior the submission of the memorials via e-mails. The team code only should be stated on the memorials.
- The teams should ensure that they do not disclose the identity of their institution.
- If any such disclosures are made, the teams shall be disqualified. The decisions for the same shall be in the hands of the Grievance Committee.
The registration shall be through online mode. The teams have to register themselves by submitting the Registration cum Approval Letter via email at cuinternationalmootcourt[at]gmail.com.
- Last Date of Registration – August 20, 2021
- Last Date for any Clarification – August 21, 2021
- Last Date for the Submission of Memorial – August 24, 2021
- Orientation and Draw of Lots for the Preliminary Rounds –September 1, 2021
- Preliminary Rounds: September 2, 2021
- Quarter Finals and Semi-Finals Rounds: September 3, 2021
- Finals Rounds and Valedictory Session: September 4, 2021
Please Note: The detailed program shall be communicated to the participants via email. The Organizers hold the right to amend the various proceedings of the event
1. Prof. (Dr.) Sonia Grewal Mahal
Email Id: [email protected], Mob: +91 9872523535
2. Dr. Kusum Pal (Associate Professor)
Email Id: [email protected], Mob: +91 8968330644
3. Dr. Jasdeep Kaur (Associate Professor)
E-mail: [email protected], Mob: +91 9872446212
4. Ms. Himanshi (Assistant Professor)
E-mail: [email protected], Mob: +91 9915222448
1. Shivrit Dhadwal, B.A.LL.B, 5th Year UID: 17BAL5113
Email: [email protected] Mob: +91 9877584735
2. Shubham Gupta, B.A.LL.B, 4th Year UID:18BAL5151
Email: [email protected] Mob: +91 8708365510
3. Anand Kumar Maurya, BBA.LL.B, 3rd Year UID: 19BAL1029
Email: [email protected] Mob: +91 7985933594
4. Bhanu Sharma, BBA.LL.B, 3rd Year UID: 19BAL1132
Email: [email protected] Mob: +91 9518412268
For any query, please contact via email at [email protected]
- 1st International Negotiation, Mediation & Client Counseling Competition by School of Law, Sushant University [Sept 25-26]: Register by 20 Sept 2021
- 2nd National Trial Advocacy Competition (Virtual), 2021 by Kerala Law Academy [Oct 6-8]: Register by 25 Sept
- AUMP National Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2021 by Amity Law School, Gwalior: Register by September 10, 2021
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.